He Only Knew Love

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Remi's POV***

His words are ice in my veins. The sacrifice is mine to make. I have accepted it. I made peace with it. Talon is platinum, pure. He is everything I am not.

Our world needs him. It is my love that has deterred him from his destiny. My existence has stifled the God inside of my mate. The oversight is mine to rectify.

If I must give away my life so that my Talon may succeed, so be it.

"Okay." The Moon Goddess smiles gently at me. The change of her direction sends pain throughout my entire being.

"No." I shake my head. He can't do this. I will not let him. He must live. I was born to die. Talon was meant to be so much more.

"Remington, only one of you can live. It is Talon's choice to make. I'm sorry." My eyes look on incredulously. This wasn't the deal. It can't be the final decision.

"I. You. He. No." My words stumble, getting caught on my frantic tongue.

"I love you Remington. I have always loved you. Kiss our son for me. Take care of Hannah, Gracie, my mom and dad, our pack."

Talon's voice is calm, too solid to match the panic in my soul.

Shaking my head, my hands reach for my mate. As if the world has stopped, my eyes watch as Talon sinks to his knees. My mate gives me the softest smile. His eyes pour love through our bond. His neck falls to the side, bared in submission to our creator.

It's immediately overwhelming. Warmth saturates my being. My heart pounds exponentially. Every memory of my sweet mate fills my head. Moments we passed in the hallways when Talon Williams was a dream to me. Events in the pack, my mate came and went seemingly unnoticed. I noticed. I fucking noticed.

That day in the hospital, his scent, his fear filled eyes. Fear of rejection causes a stinging ache in my heart. My acceptance of our pairing, oh my heavens. My mate's joy at getting me as a mate. A whine escapes my lips. He loved me more then I comprehended.

Our first kiss. The sweet taste of his lips. The way his hands clawed at me for more than I was allowed to give. The tingles that raced through our bond at the lightest touch of affection.

I need him. I can't let him go. I will my feet to take a step to get to my mate. A blinding wave of euphoria drowns me in my stance. Our bodies crashing together, the feel of Talon swallowing me in the heat of his body. Love. Love. Love. So much love, more than I knew, more than I deserved.

Our first fight, pain; making up, crushing adoration fills me. Tears leak down my cheeks. He only knew love, so much fucking love.

Meka taking me. Kai and Meka taking each other. Wall after wall of perfect bliss bounds into me. Our children being born, more love piles onto the heaps of love.

How can I possibly live without this? I can't. I don't want to.

Talon breeding me, the joy in knowing he brought me to the brink of insanity with his touch. He watched me as I slept. His body filled me for hours. So much damn love. Too much.

"Please." The word whimpers from my trembling lips.

My blurry eyes blink back gut wrenching tears. We were fated. Fucking destiny paired us. We loved too much. What is that even?

Talon speaking to the elder. He refused the assignment. He wouldn't jeopardize us. Oh goddess, this is it. The moment fate changed its mind. Love oozes out of his mouth, words of denial concrete his unwavering devotion for me.