Crisis

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Remi's POV***

"What in the name of the Moon Goddess just happened? Please tell me that did NOT just take place." I spin Lyle around as he grabs his hair and screams broken cries into the air.

"It's all the time. All we do is fight. He hates me. Spencer wishes I wasn't his mate." Lyle falls on his knees as I collapse with him.

Moon Goddess please give me wisdom. This is my pack, my family. Help me hold them together.

I whisper the heartfelt words quickly. I need a miracle.

"That's impossible. He loves you immensely. Surely, you are mistaken." I cradle Lyle in my arms and curl myself around our broken warrior.

How did this come to this?

"I just want it to stop. It hurts all the time." Lyle cries loud, heart wrenching wails that pierce my heart.

"What? What's wrong? Talk to me." I plead with my third in command. I'm so confused.

"Our bond isn't normal. It's not like yours. You and Talon, you are Fated Mates. Our bond isn't strong like yours." Lyle cries even harder as I try desperately to wrap my head around his words.

"What does that even mean?" I'm truly clueless.

"We argue. Most nights I don't even get to hold him. He wants nothing to do with me except to have sex. Even then, I feel nothing from him. Just a desire to purge his needs." I'm so taken aback by the words that leave his mouth. I'm crestfallen.

How is that even possible?

"I'm really trying to understand. Lyle, I don't understand." I admit my shortcoming because I am so fucking lost.

Lyle turns and wipes his eyes. He stares at me with so much pain. All hope is gone.

"I love him so fucking much. It hurts to love him though. He's angry and hurtful. He says the worst things to me. I admit, I don't take it well. We end up in huge blow ups. He screams. I scream. Eventually, it dies down with him slamming the door and me being left in the bathroom crying. I cry so much Remington. I can't stop. I just want him to love me the way I love him." I search Lyle's words for any falsity but, I see nothing but a broken wolf.

How do I even breach this?

"Please don't take this any way except with love. I love you both equally. I need you to promise to look at this with a clear head. You guys need help." I urge my friend to understand that I am only trying to help.

"I would do anything. I mean it. If he doesn't want me, I would even let him go. I can't be the reason he is always so angry." My heart shatters. Right then. Right there. Kai howls painfully at the mention of a broken bond.

"Don't. Don't say that. It won't come to that." I shake my head aggressively.

It can't come to that.

"I'm ready to walk away." Lyle loses his breath in that exact moment. His cries are loud and utterly earth shaking. He rolls forward and every ounce of his energy expels in a horrific scream of terrorizing pain.

I have never heard such a tortured cry. I don't ever want to hear something so devastating again.

Kai pushes and scratches deeply. He begs and whines, reaching out to touch my friend.

I move back and let him have his chance. I'm so fucking lost for words.

"Let Van out, please. Let Van talk to me." Kai begs. His words have never felt so heavy. I cry inside of myself for what I am witnessing. This is not right.