Timing

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Remi's POV***

Dr. Gibson informed us that my mate could give birth in the next couple of weeks. It's exciting and completely terrifying. We have a huge dark cloud above our heads and I am not ready to face that, let alone two babies.

I walk to my office with Talon in my arms. I softly deposit him on my sofa and cover him with a blanket. I have a meeting this morning. Talon didn't want to wake up. There is no way I was leaving him in our suite all alone.

I take my seat at the head of our conference table and wait patiently as everyone begins filing in.

"Good morning Alpha." Lutz yawns largely before taking his seat.

"Sleep evading you?" I ask knowingly.

"Lloyd is getting restless. He shifted all night in his sleep. I didn't sleep well." Lutz yawns again, emphasizing his declaration.

"Hey Alpha, Beta." Lyle comes in practically skipping.

"Someone got laid." I chuckle out.

"Yep." Lyle sits down with a smirk and pops the p.

"Good. Now maybe we can have a productive morning." I high five my head warrior.

Jace slides into his chair and throws his arms out in front of him. He drops his head to the table and lets out a large groan.

"Well, Beta, you're looking chipper."

Jace looks over at me and grimaces.

"Fuck. I'm exhausted." Jace bangs his head dramatically on the table.

"We know the feeling." I reach over and pat Jace's head.

"Everyone is here. So let's start." I stand up and announce to my office full of people.

"We haven't heard anything from the Blood Moon Pack." Jace tiredly advises.

"No news is good news." Austin chuckles.

"Not necessarily. I have it on good authority that Hunter has approached three of our allies. He has offered them everything from cars to allegiance if they turn sides and join his crusade." Reid says. He stands up and hands me a file with the list of our allies and acknowledgements that they aren't switching sides.

"Good news is, none of them took the bait." Reid clarifies.

"How are we on training? Do we look good? What can we improve?" Jace asks Lyle.

"On our side we are good as gold. We have been practicing tactics. I have them ready for everything from ambushes to one on one. We have been going at it in pairs. We had a whole day where everyone broke into small groups and attacked a singular wolf. Our men are strong, well trained and prepared." Lyle nods his head and I am confident in his observations.

"The Luna is ready to pop at any given time. That puts us on high alert. I want the borders secured around the clock. There is no reason we can't come out of this unharmed." I explain.

"Ally and Lloyd are right behind him." Lutz reminds me.

"If there was ever a worse time for war, it's now." Austin groans.

"That's the point. Don't think that Hunter has not planned this well. He is skilled and he is devious. No doubt he is waiting until closer to Talon's due date." My Dad walks in and sits down beside me.

"One hair falls out of place on my mate and I will rip his fucking nuts out through his throat." I warn.

"We are well aware. The point is, let's not wait until the last minute to be ready. I want everything in place for us to be ambushed by afternoon. I refuse to have my son worrying about a sneak attack. Your mate is going to be your main priority." Dad speaks up, leaving no room for argument.