Let's Make a Deal, Again

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Talon's POV***

"No. Not doing this. Knock me out. Fucking kill ME!" My mate wails into the air. As the sweat beads across his pinched forehead, I wince knowing exactly how he feels in this moment.

"It will be over soon." My words, that are meant to comfort, bring no relief. I know. I can't change what he is going through.

"Not fucking soon enough!" Remi cringes as his back arches off of the bed. My hands try desperately to soothe the pain that I am aware he is feeling.

"You're doing well, Alpha. A little longer." Jenny moves wires, shifts papers and checks Remi for dilation.

I feel the agony ripple through our mate bond. I would venture to say I had it easier. Remi is in a significant amount of pain. His teeth tightly clamp together as he lets tears escape his eyes.

"We're going to push." Dr. Gibson enters the room. His face shows confidence that I do not mirror in this moment.

"Who is we, pellet face? You got a mouse in that pocket?" Remi glares at the old gentleman who has delivered more babies than I could ever imagine.

"I might." Dr. Gibson winks over at me. I stifle a giggle. I am not trying to piss my mate off, not in this moment.

"On three, bare down." Dr. Gibson positions himself. I grab Remi's hand with reluctance. This is the worst part. We were made for this; well, I was. That doesn't make it any easier.

"One. Two. Three." Jenny counts down.

The circulation to my fingers cuts off abruptly. Meka whines lowly with the crush of my digits.

"Fucking Cock Sucker. Holy shitty moon. I hate everyone." Remi takes the pain with screaming swear words. I gently run my thumb over his hand. There is nothing to do but pretend like I am helping at this point.

A huge exhale of breath comes from my love. His body falls down in exhaustion. As Dr. Gibson opens his mouth, I hunker down for the next wave of turmoil.

"Again, big push." The doctor dives deeper between Remi's legs. If I was telling the truth, Dr. Gibson seems to be hiding.

"Fuck you. I quit." Remi squirms on the bed. His body tenses. An involuntary push begins. Our son is ready to enter the world. His father, not so much.

"Hold it." The demand comes from Jenny. Her hand clasps down on Remi's leg. My mate spits venom across the air.

"You hold it. You do this." Remi throws his head back in pure rebellion.

"One more big push. You will meet your son." Jenny encourages Remi while I bounce on my toes. Excitement flushes through me. I send waves of comfort to Remi. It's almost over.

"Three." Dr. Gibson speaks out. His hands move desperately to aid in our son's birth. My head automatically turns to see our pup.

A solid cry comes from the baby. My heart melts at the sound. Meka cries out his elation.

Dr. Gibson hands our pup over to Jenny. Jet black hair stands out. The crying never ceases as Jenny checks to make sure our pup is healthy.

The silence coming from my mate creates instant anxiety. I reach over to move his hair from his ashen face. When my warm fingers meet cold flesh, I panic. My heart rate spikes as I frantically look at Dr. Gibson.

With rushed steps, the doctor meets me at the head of the bed. Heart monitors go silent while I lose the will to stand.

A gut wrenching scream leaves my lips while I witness Dr. Gibson pull out the paddles. His hands tear open my mate's shirt.