Pain

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Talon's POV***

Remi walks me back towards a waterfall. No doubt, the water will keep away prying minds. I sit gently on his lap as he moves on to the forest floor. I don't want to hear this. I can feel through the mate bond that I don't want to know.

"Spencer was sexually abused by Malik." Remi just pushes forward with the conversation.

I don't say anything. I just listen. No words need to be said by me. I wouldn't be able to form them anyway. I wipe the tears as they begin. That's nothing I wanted to think about.

"Malik has been poisoning him with Wolfsbane. He threatened him to make him break the mate bond. It almost worked." Remi cuddles me closely as he breaks my heart. It's not even his fault.

I rub my chest as Meka whimpers. He knew it was bad. Probably not this bad, but Luna's have a sixth sense about this shit.

Remi pulls his fingers through my hair gently, soothingly.

"I hate this." I whimper. My heart feels like it's about to explode. Compassion and empathy are natural to me. No wonder I was drawn to my Omega. He is broken.

"So do I." Remi rocks us back and forth. For his comfort or mine, I'm unsure. I just move with him.

"I will never understand that type of person. It's beyond me." I whisper the words as I play with my fingers. My arms are holding onto my mate's forearms.

"We shouldn't have to try. What's important is, we have a broken couple. We need to work together to help mend them. They have a pup on the way. It's our jobs. As friends, Alphas and family, we need to help." Remi leans back and I lean with him. I don't want to be away from my mate. I need him.

My mind digs around for the signs we missed. Self awareness, as well as being aware of others, is often something that we look past in the storm of life.

The signs could have pointed to anything with Spence. We knew he was abused but, I had assumed it was my type of abuse. The kind that doesn't take away a choice that scars that deeply.

"Stop." Remi holds me closely. "Don't compare the two. I feel it. It's not the same thing. You were a victim too but, that doesn't mean you have a superpower. We didn't know." I nod my head into my mate's chest. Maybe we should have known.

"I want to start some classes." My mind is already made up. I missed this. I won't be so naive next time.

"What type?" Remi looks at me with a real interest. That's one of the things I love about him. He's always interested in what I have to say.

"I need to know what to look for. Yeah, I know, I can't change what Spence went through, but it would be nice if I can prevent it." My words come out laced in pain. There's no denying the way my wolf cries out over such news. We are meant to feel pain when others do. That's sorta what we do.

"I think it's a great idea. You are a wonderful Luna and an even better person Talon." Remi places his lips on my forehead. His thoughts roll around in my mind. Our link is wide open and I am smothered in the details he has been made aware of.

I hold back the physical sickness that attempts to overtake me. What a fucking bastard. I smile knowing that our leaders are taking care of him. Maybe I'm a psycho. I don't care. I'm glad he will get some semblance of justice. He deserves it.

A new pain seeps into me. Somewhere out there, Malik has a mate. That wolf will always be missing something. More lives being destroyed, senselessly.