Deal

***Remington's POV***

Flashback

Standing in front of my eighth grade class mates my nerves were on high alert. Sweat graced the palms of my hands and licked the arch of my brows. My hands trembled as I searched for anything to focus on. I locked eyes with the sweetest cerulean blue orbs to have ever existed. The tiny boy in the front row smiled handsomely at me. He threw a silent urge of encouragement. I straightened my spine and stared directly at him. Precious blue eyes gleamed in adoration. Long lashes swept across his cheeks with each blink. Soft alabaster skin radiated with a gorgeous glow of rose blush. His blonde hair stood in a swept spike. He looked as if he had been wind blown. My heart fluttered. His dainty hands were folded in front of him atop the desk. His feet swung below as he was too short to reach the floor in the oversized desk. Talon Williams. I rolled the name across my tongue and purred silently at the feeling. Talon is a year younger but he is brilliant; he skipped a full grade. His tiny presence brought peace as I read the poem I wrote to my class. In his hands. In Talon's hands.

I snap out of my daydreaming as Nurse Jenny gives me the prescriptions and the instructions to care for my mate. I smile down at the lovely boy in front of me. Of course he is a man, but he has a boyish softness as well.

"Are you ready to go baby?" I ask.

Talon blushes and shakes his head shyly. He isn't fooling me. I remember how sassy his cute ass has always been. That is part of the charm that captured me over the years.

Talon may have blurted out his secret obsession. But, I have been a far away admirer as well. Of course, I had to stomp that small crush down. I did not want to disrespect my future mate in any way. I could not afford to fan the flames of any empty attraction.

Our school schedules made that easier. Talon takes AP courses and I settle for general credits. I spend a lot of my free periods with my Dad over mind link. We go over particulars to help when I lead our pack.

Now, I can feed the beast. Talon is MINE. I could not be happier. Even if he is a little shattered, I will gladly help him piece his self back together. In sickness and in health. That's the vow. I willingly comply.

"Let's get you home. Do you mind staying with me from now on?" I ask my handsome angel.

"Will I get to stay in your room?" Talon questions.

"You will be in our room, yes." I confirm.

"Okay." Talon's cerulean orbs gleam below me.

I want to capture his pink pout in my own. But, he is extremely bruised. He has excessive cuts and is swollen. My kisses will have to wait.

"I want blood." Kai growls.

"Me too, but Dad will handle it." I assuage my wolf.

"He better!" Kai roars.

"He will. I promise. We need to focus on our mate." I instruct my distraught beast.

"Our mate is gorgeous. He is beautiful. Talon." Kai rolls his name like a french ballad.

"He is stunning. We are blessed." I confirm.

"I'm gonna spank him and bite him. I'm gonna lick his as..." Kai got going.

"Stop! He can't handle those things. Behave horn dog." I warn.

I cut my wolf off before I need to spend time with Rosey Palm and her five friends. 

I push my mate in his wheel chair towards my mustang and slide him into the passengers seat. I buckle him up. It's a short ride but, better safe than sorry. He is precious cargo.