Strange

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Talon's POV***

"Baby. Wake up. I have coffee." Setting the cup on the bedside table, I push my fingers through Remi's hair. He doesn't wake up, instead he nuzzles into my hip.

I lean down to kiss him awake. I place gentle kisses along his neck, mark and lips. Nothing.

"Is he okay?" I ask Meka worriedly.

Meka rolls his eyes, snickering into his hand.

"Answer me!" I'm frustrated. Remi never sleeps this long. I'm the one who has to be pulled from my sleep.

"He's worn out, Alpha." Meka rolls onto his side while laughing.

"It's understandable, but it's 10:30. We have plans." I am not amused. Meka is never so smug.

"Let him sleep. He needs it. Go find something to do Tal. He will be out for a while." Meka turns off our link. I'm definitely not used to his behavior. Both him and Remi are acting odd.

Deciding to follow Meka's advice, I get ready to go on a walk. I change into my training clothes before quietly escaping to the woods in lieu of the cabin.

The chilly air is refreshing. The sun blares across the snow covered ground. I start off towards the sun's direction. I don't want to freeze out here.

Finding a defined trail, I start off on my journey. The deer are out in full. They graze easily across the soft terrain. I stop off at the forest line, observing the majestic movements of the beautiful creatures. Our wolves may enjoy taking one down as a meal, but most humans respect the animals. They are a sight to behold.

A small fawn follows behind it's mother. Often slipping down the icy tundra, the baby wobbles on it's new legs. I smile to myself thinking of Hannah and Gracie. They aren't walking, yet. Watching them crawl was a proud moment for me. Our pups grow so fast. It's hard not to miss the smallest things, like their first babble or the breaking in of their first tooth.

I miss my pups. I'm glad to be here with Remi. I'm just a little homesick for my pack. Being around a large group of people day in and day out, it's not unusual for solitude to look less appealing.

I would love more pups. My body isn't quite ready for another. The twins were rough to carry. I think waiting is what's best for me, at the moment.

I have found myself delegating a hierarchy of importance in our lives. I put myself first sometimes. That's healthy. If I always throw my needs to the side, I will grow weary in well doing.

Mom and Dad are excited for more pups. That's not surprising. They love the role of being grandparents. I thank the goddess for that. They are all a welcomed hand when we need anything. This break is their doing.

They encouraged us to take a few days for ourselves. While I am homesick, I appreciate the time alone with my mate. We don't get nearly enough at home. It's exhausting running a pack.

I step away from the tree, my nose picks up my mate's scent. It's strong, I guess I'm down wind. Turning towards the mouth watering aroma, I head off to find my Remi.

It takes much longer than I expect. Although his scent is strong, he isn't anywhere in my vicinity. I walk all the way back to the cabin before I am blessed with a shirtless Remi. He stands on the porch. His abs glisten from the sun's rays radiating off his tan skin. He's truly a meal. One I wouldn't mind devouring, again.

"Baby, you have slept a lot." I walk up to him, sliding my arms around his waist.

"Doesn't feel like it." Remi yawns. He covers his mouth, letting out a huge breath of air.