.01

"can't believe he's your project partner," felix commented beside him, multitasking between sucking on a lollipop, updating his social media and talking to jeongin, "aren't you guys sworn enemies or what?"

jeongin let out an annoyed breath, actually trying to focus on his homework. hyunjin was the last person he wanted to talk about right now.

"we're nothing." he protested, grasping his pen a little too roughly and in consequence managing to mess up the perfect handwriting he'd been working on for over twenty minutes. that was hyunjin's power. "i'll ask for changbin hyung to change partners with me tomorrow."

felix popped the lollipop out of his mouth, tone teasing, "i think you won't do shit. i know you secretly like his attention."

snapping his head towards felix's direction, jeongin put on his most scary gaze. i didn't seem to affect felix, because instead of recoiling into himself as jeongin intended to do, he just cooed at jeongin's pout.

"i hate him."

"okay," felix didn't sound convinced, what just angered jeongin even more.

"get out. you're not helping."

avoiding a pillow from landing on his face, felix laughed at him and proclaimed he was going to quickly raid the fridge before heading up somewhere. jeongin didn't have enough mind to care anymore.

he still couldn't believe his fate. hyunjin? really, universe? did the apocalypse begin or was he just extremely unlucky?

and as he put more thought into the situation, jeongin realized it all wasn't even just because of hyunjin's unbearable behaviors, but it was because they were assigned to do a chemistry project.

jeongin knew he would be the one carrying the project on his shoulders, because hyunjin didn't know shit about chemistry. and jeongin? even less! he was born to be an artist! why should he learn about chemistry when he was going to be an actor?

he shouldn't be wasting time learning something that wouldn't have an impact on his life instead of giving priority to what is going to influence his future.

he was hoping his partner would be someone smart, not dumb llama hyunjin.

the project was doomed. he was doomed.

they were going to fail the project.

and it was all hyunjin's fault.

-

"why not?" jeongin whined when changbin refused changing partners with him.

he knew he seemed like a child, like changbin loved to comment on, but that was his last hope. he didn't want to give in yet to the terrible fate he had ahead of him.

"i need to pass this class!" jeongin continued, still whining in the middle of the hallway, "don't do this to me!"

"i need to pass, too." changbin said. "i won't give chan up even if you gave me a thousand dollars. well, i think i would. you know, money is money."

"are you hinting something?" jeongin squinted at him. he didn't like where this was going.

"i'm open for bribe!" changbin winked.

"i won't give you money!" he was tempted, but he was just a broke highschool freshman student with only enough money for lunch, an old scratched up iphone 6 and its tangled up earphones on his pockets. "i mean, i do have 5 dollars, though."

changbin chuckled, shaking his head. "i really need a good grade, innie. and i won't take your lunch money. i'm not a bully!"

"you are bullying me right now!"

rolling his eyes, the older started to walk away, not before saying, "it's not my fault you decided to take applied chemistry in your first year."

he only managed to irritatedly yell "it was my mom's fault!" before changbin disappeared in the crowd of students.

pissed, jeongin dragged his feet through the hall, ignoring the people bumping on his shoulders without saying sorry.

he passed in front of the announcements board, taking a hopeful glance at the spot where the drama club usually put their notices on. no signal of the results of last week's auditions.

it should have been there already. it'd been seven whole days already, for god's sake! did the drama club want him to die or what? the results would define his whole future and here they were playing with him.

jeongin is pulled out of his thoughts by the bell ringing loudly, the annoying sound making him grit his teeth and try to shake away his mind from the incompetency of the drama club's management.

he almost passed out from the deep sigh he let out when he realized what his first class was.

chemistry. first thing in the morning. and not only that, but now, thanks to changbin, he had to sit next to hyunjin for the rest of the lesson and discuss the project.

well, guess he'd die!