Bargaining

It is not easy to go outside the palace.
The man who handles the King's harem,Randy, needs to approve of your permit to let you go. But he is an unreasonable guy who makes it hard to the princesses or even the Lower Queens and Concubine to have a permit. Only, he allowed them for tea parties or formal events.
That is not a problem for Princess Emerald.

"Good afternoon Sir Randy."

"Princess Emerald, are you going out again?" The handsome guy who is actually a Viscount and inherited his family's house been enslave by the King to work for him and handle his harem.

"I would like to buy personal items for my new business."

"New business? Are you selling something inside the palace again?"

"Not love potion. I stop that business already. I am selling sandwiches now."

"Sandwich? How can it sell? There are cooks for all the palaces."

"I'm selling for the soldiers.Sir Randy have not try it yet but My sandwich is to-die-for."

"To what?"

"It is an expression that it is so yummy you can die for its taste and it will be worth it."

"You love to exaggerate."

"You can buy one tomorrow. Only 20 coppers for one serving."

"Why don't you just rob me?"

"Oh come on. You won't lose anything. What is 20 coppers for you? Just try it. Okay?"

".....Okay. I have 12 men here. If it is only me to eat, I will feel bad for them so I will buy your sandwich for 12 people."

"What a good boss! Everyone should be the same as you."

"Enough with flattery. I will give you permission to go but you have to help audit the monthly budget book for 10 palaces like promise."

Princess Emerald is better in her mathematics that the other staffs. So Randy employ her for only 1 silver every time she helps in doing monthly auditing for 10 palaces. But in exchange, Princess Emerald asks for permission to go outside the palace 4 times a month.

Princess Emerald is a graduating student in highschool before she reincarnated. Basic math is something she can boast about.

"No problem."
She thinks that if shw has calculator, it will be better.
In this world, math is very behind.
There are no symbols using numbers. People only use money and its volume for calculations that is why it is hard for them to compute. She is not some goddess or any sort of saint to tell them that making symbols will make it easier.
In their kingdom history. One person attempts to do it and he almost get burn alive. You can only do enough for yourself.

"Getting out, Princess Emerald?" The soldiers guarding the gate are a familiar with Princess Emerald.

"Yeah. I am selling sandwich for the soldiers. I better buy alot of stocks."

"Oh. Is that good? Sold some for us too. Which squad are you doing business with?"
The excited soldiers asks.

"They are the 7th Unit, Gold something something."

"Ah. The 7th Unit is the Golden HawkEyed Squad under Prince Yosef rule."

"Oh, Prince Yosef is granted a squadron? I am impress. Isn't he only 12?" Princess Emerald said.

"Look who is talking. Aren't you only 8? Yet you are going in and out in the palace more often than the king himself!" The soldiers laugh out loud.

The princess shyly laughs with them.

The driver stops the carriage in the plaza.

"Princess, do you need my help in carrying your goods?" The driver asks.