Tokens

"Hiya."

"Princess! I heard what happened in your arm....I am sorry I am not there to prote--"

"Michael....Shut up."

.
.
.
.

"So everyone, These two are my new employees.
This red hair is Jess and the sickly silver hair guy is Zeo. They are the one who made today's sandwiches." Princess Emerald smiles happily. "They are so yummy."

Everyone smiles at the princess happy face.

"Princess, its almost the King's birthday. Everyone is very excited." One of the Golden Hawk Eye soldier said happily.

"Yeah. That day, I won't be selling sandwich because I will be heading to the Main Palace." Emerald nods. "I wouldn't want the King to come and beheaded me for ignoring him, right." She said jokingly. She can avoid the princes, princesses birthdays but not the King's birthday. Everyone is required to attend. Not attending is like rebelling against the Monarch himself.

"The day before the King's birthday is also Princess Sapphire's birthday." Another said.

"Yes. Princess Sapphire will be 9 years old. I heard she have a blue eyes just like your princess." Michael said nodding.

Emerald thinks for a while then nods.
"Yeah but you better not starts comparing me to her now...You might get me in trouble." Emerald jokes.

Michael and the other soldiers smile wryly.

The princess wave goodbye.

"Princess, what just happened?" Jess asks.

"Hmm?" Emerald looks back but didn't see the soldier anymore. "What do you mean?"

"He is asking why is it wrong to compare you to other Princesses?"
Zeo followed. The two are pushing the cart while Emerald is resting on it/riding on it.

"Ah...hmmm...You see. In Larksen, there are numerous Queens and Concubines. My mother is one of the concubine. These Queens successfully gave birth to 'sons' or princes. Those Princes has a blood related sisters. Those six princesses are the only princesses that the kingdom knows of...or rather, the only six princesses that is really treated as princess. Us, princesses that has no blood brothers are nobody and princess in name only. Princess Sapphire is a blood related of the crown Prince Rodrigo."

"Actually....Isn't your name strangely similar to this Princess?" Zeo ask.

"How?" Jess asks.

"Their name are related to precious gems." Zeo said.

Emerald laughs.
"Well..My mother actually want to name me Sapphire but the King already bestowed that to Princess Sapphire so he just pick a name related to gem."

Jess stops pushing the cart.
Emerald almost went rolling good thing Zeo grabs her clothes.

Emerald looks at Jess.

Jess frowns.

"Isn't that sad?" He said.

"I also find it strange since...your eyes is blue and clear like Sapphire."
Zeo said.

Emerald looks at the blue sky.

"Who cares. Its just a name."
She said shrugging her shoulder.

'It's just a name...huh.' Jess can tell that the princess is not comfortable with the topic so he didn't say anything else.

They went to the black knights after replenishing their sandwich supply.

The three paused when the whole squadron kneeled in front of princess Emerald.