Princess Style

Princess Emerald is grinning from ear to ear.

Boris and Chief look at her while she cheerfully ordered people to carry her groceries.

"Wow Princess. I never seen you this happy before." Chief says scratching his head.

"The Count reimbursed the money I paid for the tents, food and the other stuffs I bought this morning. And he lend me his men~"

The Chief chuckles.
"Is that so. I am happy for you."

"Me too~ I am happy for me. Oh~ Do you know where I can hire people? I need them for my sandwich business."

"Try the guilds. They hire mercenaries there. But well, probably not what you are looking for. You can pose an announcement too but that probably take longer time." Chief said thinking hard if he knows someone needed job.

"Ah! Princess, do you want to take in some slaves?"
Boris asks.

"Boris----"
Princess Emerald looks at him with complicated expression.
"Larksen abolished slavery in our kingdom."

Something Emerald can be proud of is her old man abolishing slavery.

"Yes but other country still have Slavery as a legal business. Slavery and Slaves are not allowed to Larksen but buying slaves from different country is not illegal."

"That's.....pretty bad."

Boris laughs.
"There is a ship passing to Larksen Kingdom. A very prominent merchant who provides varienty of things from different country. He also have the slaves but he take good care of them and they are more like employees than slaves. Maybe you can try it out."

"I don't know..."

"You can't go out of the palace everyday. What's the harm in trying?" Boris said.

"Hmm. Are you going too Boris?"

"Of course I am going. I am going to look for my girl friend's birthday gift."

"Oh. I see. Can you bring me with you? We can be separated afterwards."

"No problem!"

"So...when will they come?"

"They already fixing the port as their main base. The whole street will be used to showcase their products. You are right on time for the opening. Let's go?" Boris said.

"Oh good. I like it when things went smoothly." Princess Emerald waves good bye to the people in the market and the people on the plaza.
Everyone happily went and wave to her.

Until she left.

Chief grinds his teeth angrily.
People who is smiling brightly are all gloomy now.

"Did you see that? Those gauze on her arm!" An angry old woman said as she clenched her fist.

The children tear up and hug their Moms and Dad in the plaza.
"The princess injured herself after returning from the Lords place......then she came back saying everything is settled. If that is not what I think what happen then what?" A woman tear up saying blocking her face with her palm.

Everyone knew without being told.

The soldier who came with the princess to the Lords house went back without the princess and they all look gloomy. They said the princess made the nobles promise to help.
They all rejoice and didn't give much thought about the soldiers gloomy expression.
Well....only until the princess came back with a white a gauze on her arm. Smiling brightly saying everything will be alright. She keeps saying that it is an easy thing and a princess is someone who can easily order people.....yet her arm was injured. She was injured but she says nothing about it and just smile brightly. To pay her kindness they all smile pretending they do not know what happened.