An All Out War

Larksen is a kingdom with a beautiful landscape and is surrounded by half water and half surrounded by land and trees.
It is a beautiful country with lots of resources that is why the kingdom experience war seige atleast once every 5 years.
The King summoned all the knights in the capital and place it at the palace.
There's an urgent recruitment of mercenaries and adventurer to be in the ranks of knighthood.

It was suspicious so a lot of mercenaries and Adventurer watches on the sideline first.

The kingdom is still coming by after finding out that the treasury is cleanly picked.
The tax of the citizen still enough to support the kingdom.
A new law wanting to raise the tax is in the hand of Rodrigo.

"Father, we can't do this. This will make the citizen angry." Rodrigo said.

"We have no choice!"

Rodrigo frowns.
He doesn't know why but apparently, their kingdom is out of money.

"I think we should out source something.
Our treasury have lots of priceless antiques that other nation wants. We cant auction them."

"There's none!" The King angrily said.
"Just shut up and let me handle this."

"Fath---I understand."
Rodrigo went to Prince Yosef palace.
Yosef is practicing his swordsmanship.

"Do you have a minute?"
Rodrigo asks.

"Yes?"
Yosef put his sword back and wipes his face before walking to the crown prince.

"Do you know how our kingdom lost its money?"

Yosef frowns.
"No.....We don't have money?"

"Yes. And because of that father and the other nobles want to increase the tax by half."

"Increase....they remember that the kingdom just experience a devastating phenomenon recently, instead of increasing tax, lowering the tax is what people expecting. With raising the tax....."

"See. I also think of that. A coup is not a far fetch scenario."
Rodrigo said.

"Even though we don't have money...We shouldn't force the citizen to revolt." Yosef said.

"I will talk to father again.
We will think of another way."

"I hope he listen to you Brother." Yosef said.

There is a wry smile in Rodrigo's lips.

Count Vellevile read the report.
The princess needs a hundred and so men by tomorrow morning before the sun rise stationed near the Perosea Island.
The plan is to attack Mustang and Willow Island at the same time taking them by surprise and rescuing the civilians.
Then at noon proceed in attacking Perosea Island and make them unable to respond.
By the morning force them by the corner with the provided soldier and make sure no pirates will be able to escape.

This is a good plan if you have people skills and enermous amount of human resources.
But without number it may fail and the pirates can escape.
Count Vellevile immediately gather a lot of soldier and send a message to the nearby territory to provide necessary assistance.

"I have to gather more than a hundred thousand! This pirates should not stay in our country!" He said frowning so much but his heart is also pounding loudly.
It was strange.
This is a tense battle. Human life are at risk.
But as the lead guy who wished to eliminate the pirate the most, he is so looking forward for this very day.

The soldiers are all fully equiped.
They are wearing a symbol that meant for their princess.

Emerald is also wearing the same uniform and her waist has a long knife that acts as her sword.
It is not a fancy long knife but an actual long knife.
Her appearance like a cute cosplay but her face is not.
She is standing on the second deck looking at his men.

"Every single one of you will walk this path of thankless job." She frowns.
"Some of you may never return....." she was choke by her emotion but she refuse to cry.
"But this is why we are walking this path. Because nobody....in this kingdom....can walk this path but the real heroes of this kingdom." She takes the long sword and point it upward.
"We will make those evil vile beast leave our mother's land and we will create a future that has no need for fear!"

The soldiers all takes off their sword and copy her.

"For Larksen!" Froilan shouted.

"For Larksen!" All.

"For the citizen!" Asley shouted.

"For the Citizen!"
Everyone.

"For the Princess!" Randy said.

"FOR THE PRINCESS!" There is a deafening roar after that.

Emerald blushes and she glares at everyone.
There is a light chuckling within the ranks of the soldier.

But when they turn back they all have this serious expression.
Walking to the boats.
They all have one thought.

'We need to hurry back.'

'We need to live.'

'For the princess.'

'For the Princess!"

"For the princess.'

Their emotions are all in sinc.

The support team are all in awe.
They admire the soldiers a lot more.

"Come back home." There is one girl who is praying in the boat.
'God, please...let them come home.'
She prayed and prayed for them.
After the last boat has left

The sea is deafening quiet.
Randy stands behind Emerald and help her stands up.

"How's Count Vellevile's response?" She has a stern expression.
Her family is risking their lives out there for her selfish whim.
She also has to do her best.

"He said they 50 thousand is on their way to the Perosea Island.
The rest will follow behind."

"Good. Tonight will be the end for pirates.
Their evilness needs to stop here."
She said clenching her fist.
"Randy, can you come to the nearest Mercenary guild? I have money. I need to employ their assistance."

Randy smiles and rubs her head

"Aren't those your hard earned money?" He asks with a smile.

Emerald smiles.
"This family...is more hard earned than money."

The wind is blowing so fast but the princess is not stopping until she can make sure her men are all protected.
This is here fight as one of the commander.