Parents

"That...." Michael looks sad.
The enthusiasm from the upcoming hunt disappears.

"Hmm.." Emerald blinks and then punch Michael's shoulder.
"Just caught something and leave it in a side. With that I will realize it was for me."

Michael nods.
"Okay!"

The whole Squad is actually listening and they all smiles and nod at each other.
Emerald looks at them and sighs. She smiles shyly.
"Thank you."

The whole squad chat with her. It's been a while when she spends time with the knights.

"Emerald."

Yosef went down the horse and look at her.

"Brother, how are you?"

"Just done some training. The upcoming Hunt...I will hunt something for you."

Emerald blinks.
"Huh?"

Yosef scratches his cheek.
"Well....You help me a lot so..."

"N-no need. Actually it is better not to do that."

"Why not?"

The squad leader whisper to Yosef.
Yosef sighs.
"True. It is better not to let father knows your connections."

Emerald laughs.
"Connection huh. Hmm.I also think it is better to stay as it is."

...

"Your highness, a lot of people are wounded because of the mountain bandits.
The neighboring villagers are all panicking and asking for the assistance."

"Send money and reassure them that the Palace will not ignore them."

"Your highness, the village chiefs all requesting for the princess help."

"Princess?"

"They all believe that the princess can relieve the troubled heart of the citizen."
The Prime Minister is frowning.

"And who is this princess?"

"You will not believe this your highness. They arr requesting Princess Emerald."

".......who?"

"....."

****

Emerald has no idea about the troubles outside the palace because of her teaching career. Jess and Zeo were taking turn in buying their supplies outside.
They do hear some troubles but decided that it won't be good for Princess Emerald's sake to know.
Not only them, Grandpa Jeff ask the two to hide it from her saying, 'she once tried to sacrife herself for the people. People are selfish creature. They will not stop asking for favor. It's better for her not to be involve.'

They have the same thought so they hide it.
Not knowing that the people outside are all getting more frantic and emotional.
They even requested her personally.

Emerald is happily chatting with Ansley and his squad when Jane rushes to them.

"Princess! You have to hurry." She said between panting.

"Jane? Why? What happened?"

".....the king...requested your presence."

Emerald blue eyes brightens but it doesn't show the happiness a child felt when their parents visits them.
She smiles wryly.
She looks at Jane who is trembling and panting.

Surely, she is the King's daughter.
A legitimate daughter.
But when the people hears she was being visited by her own father, the people around her all have a gloomy and frighten expression.
She felt sad inside.
Grabbing her chest she sighs and nod.

"Okay. Let's go."

Ansley wants to stop her but what can he do?
He is not related to the princess and that person is the princess's Father.
All he can do is clench his fist.

"What does he wants?" The soldiers murmurs.

"Hurry. Send a message to Sir Randy. Though we can't do anything...Maybe he can."

"He is just a harem manager. What can he do?" They felt helpless.

"No. He has more influence than that. Just...Just hurry and send a word."

"I will go." A soldier hurried and climb his horse.

***

Emerald doesn't know she have such dress.
Its a pretty blue dress.

"The Queen...hides all the dresses sent by the palace." Yolly bites her lips.
She never wants her to know.

Emerald eyes dilates and then she looks down."ow.."

"Princess, you look so pretty." Jane and Martha said while smiling. But you can't really hide their trembling.

Emerald tries to smile but Yolly looks away and starts sobbing.

The smile disappears in her lips.

Emerald knows what her mother looks like. She is pretty and beautiful. But she sees her only in paintings.
But today, the Queen is in the receiving area with the man Emerald knows but also doesn't really know.

"Greetings, your majesty King and Concubine Mother."
Emerald almost bite her tongue after saying the proper greetings in Larksen.
She knows how to do it but its just too foreign for her.

"My daughter, you look so big now. Come here so father can see your face."
The King laughs and pat the extra space beside him.

Emerald looks so shock and at lost.
She just stare at the side the King patted and her heart felt sour.

"I..."

"Emerald Dear, hurry and sit beside your father." Concubine Mother said sweetly.

Emerald eyes widen as she gape in front of the Concubine Mother.
She stares at her as if she never understand a single word coming out of her mouth.

"......"

Slowly, Emerald sits down beside the King.

The King happily rubs her hair.

"What a beautiful girl. Your hair is the same as my hair and you have the same blue eyes as your mother. You are really my daughter." The king laughs happily.

Emerald clench her chest part.
Her heart is in a mess.
It was trembling in pain.
Those words...She always...always dream to hear them...But sadly, they are words that will never belong to her.

Emerald looks at the King.

"F-fathe--"

"Father has a request to you Emerald." The Concubine Mother said happily as she reach to hold her hand.
"Finally, you will be useful to your father King. Isn't it nice?"

Emerald blinks.
What a hot and warm hand.
So the Queen is not made out of ice like she thought.
But those words...

"What? What do you mean?" Emerald asks looking at The King.

The King smiles.
"There are villagers that are under the attack by the mountain bandits. They are all panicking and disorder.
We will send some knights to intercept but they wish you to come and relieve the villagers heart. Can you do this?"
The King softly said.

The Concubine Mother hurriedly grabs her hand seeing her bewildered expression.

"Mother will be very proud of you if you do this. I will finally understand why you were given to me from now on."

Emerald stares at The Queen then to the King.

"Y-you want to send me....Even if the situation is not yet....over?"

A/N:

Its time.
I believe.