Chapter 3: Mourning

Michaels POV:

It hurt.

Every single part of me, aches and tears with an endless immense of pain.

I've endured a lot of pain, almost died a few times, but this-this was the worst possible pain I could ever encounter.

Going down the steps, I went out the front door and to Lily's. I waited after knocking and then the door opened. Ryker gestured up the stairs, "She's with Eva, Kris and Lincoln." He said quietly.

Right.

"Thanks." I said before going up the stairs and to her room. Slowly, I opened the door and saw her laying on her side, Lincoln was in a chair crying softly but trying to keep it together while Eva and Kris were comforting Lily.

I stepped inside and she looked to me for a brief moment before the tears grew and she sobbed heavier.

"Mike." She cried and I felt my brows knit together to stop from crying with her. The loss was too heavy to handle alone, "I'm so sorry Lily." I said walking over and kneeling beside the bed.

I took her hand and held it tight.

The first night is the hardest.

Vydia's POV:

Taking Lucien's hand, I pulled him to me closer, but I felt so alone, so scared. A knock came to the door and I watched Tyler walk in and give me a long and careful stare. Jessa was with him, both walked in and made their way to my bed.

My oldest and sweetest friend, my sister and my love and yet, Anne's loss was still so heavy on my chest. She was more than just a friend, I loved her like a sister and I felt as though I'd lost Jessa.

I laid with them until they all fell asleep.

Getting up, I went out the door and shut it behind me quietly, going to his room and knocking on the door.

Valdus pulled the door open and looked distraught. I dropped my head to his chest, "I hate this feeling in my chest Val. I'm surrounded by loved ones and yet-I feel so alone." I said wiping my tears.

He hugged me softly, "I know Vee, I know exactly what you mean." He said comforting me, and memories of him filled my mind.

I just needed to be surrounded by them, all of them. "I need Dimitri, Lex. I need Judah." I said frantically watching him stare down and nod once.

Maybe if I had everyone, it'd be easier.

As Valdus walked out, he gestured for me to go lay in his bed. I headed to the bed and laid down feeling so sick. My stomach turned in sadness.

Viktors POV:

I watched my sons one by one go to Valdus's room, I felt sick for what I'd done with Nevana, especially after I'd realized Killian and Melissa didn't do anything.

Melissa held Belle in her hands and gave me a confused look.

I took our daughter and walked down the hall to see all of them huddled around the bed, piled and surrounding Vydia and Jessa. The two were asleep but Vydia was red and clearly crying.