Chapter 31: We Buried A Man

Petra's POV:

Come on Jessa.

I need a fucking shower.

Kilana paced back and forth biting her nails.

"What if she told someone else?" She asked looking to me, and I couldn't believe how much of a spaz like her daughter she was.

I shook my head, "Jessa won't. She's...slow but she's not a liar." I said confidently.

She was fidgeting so much, "You should sit, you're giving me anxiety." I patted the seat beside me and she took it dropping her face into her hands.

Then she laughed nervously, "Is she good? Annalise? Is she-is she a good person?" She asked staring at me with so much fear in her eyes.

I gave a nod, "She is. She's remarkable actually. But she's been raised among wonderful people. I mean Thomas is such a great father to her and his other daughter Rose-" she cut me off, "Other daughter?" She asked.

Shit, "Well, yeah. Him and Jolene have a daughter named Rose. She's not even a year yet but she's a very sweet girl." I admitted watching her break into a smile and laugh.

Then she shook her head, "About damn time those two got together. What about Jolene's other kid, the one Anne's age?" She asked but I realized....."You have no idea of what happened the night you died. Do you?" I asked her.

She scoffed, "Andres doesn't-didn't ever tell me about anything. He was quiet and to himself. But I'm a bit happy his obsession with me was so potent. Otherwise I wouldn't be here." She said sitting back.

Right.

"Well you probably don't want to bring that night up to Jolene. And you definitely don't want to talk light of Lucious. He's dead." I said watching her stare at me and place a hand to her chest before nodding.

"So he never went good?" She asked softly.

I shook my head, "No, he tried to marry your daughter and force her to have his child. Then he tried to sacrifice her. Let's just say him and Anne hated each other. But he did have a son, Michael, and Anne loves him so much. They're actually annoyingly cute together. Anne and I aren't the best of friends." I rambled and watched Kilana smile and seem fascinated.

"Andres never talked about Anne. Will you tell me about her? About her life?" She asked taking my hand.

Woah, don't touch me.

I didn't pull back though, "Something tells me if we sent Jessa to get Michael, Anne's coming with her. So I'm sure she'll love to tell you everything herself." I said feeling a bit giddy. 

Anne gets to meet her mom.

"And your mom? Serafina? How is she?" She asked and I didn't know how she knew that, I didn't even-I wasn't in my own body. "Petra was the place she loved to travel the most. She said one day she'd have a beautiful daughter and name her Petra to match the most beautiful place in the world." She said patting my hand.

Wow, I never knew that was the meaning behind my name.

"She's dead. She uh-she went bad too." I admitted while she made a soft "Oh" and placed a hand to her stomach.

"The others, they're okay, right?" She asked nervously.

I gave a nod, "Yes, and Jolene's horrible husband was killed when Vladimir rose from the earth." I said shrugging.

She looked to me confused.

Wow, he didn't tell her anything. 

Kilana's POV: