Chapter 48: Its Coming

Jolene's POV:

"No! Nevana! God dammit Nevvie!" I shouted slamming my fist into the door.

Silence filled the home and then a gasp came, and Petra clung to Koda crying softly. She did it, god dammit Nevana.

I dropped to my knees and laid my head on the door sill while keeping one hand pressed to the door.

After a few minutes, the door opened and Viktor held Nevana's cold and limp body in his arms. He'd wrapped her neck in a thick white gauze and his eyes were cold. Over the years Nevana had grown to be closer to me than I was to some of my sisters. This pain, this loss, was a heavy one.

Alice's cry stung the air, staining it with the reminder that this wasn't just some nightmare. With it, was Killian's cry, a realization to what he'd lost.

It was a realization to what we'd all lost.

This was a dark day.

Nathan's POV:

The bedroom door slowly pushed open, I stared over at the couch, noting Ace and Katie asleep.

Yet, the door still opened, and then it showed the silhouette of a goddess. Oh wait, that's just Kilana.

I watched her puffy eyes look from the couch to me and she gave me a small smile, "Join me in the tub?" She asked furrowing her brows and trying to stay calm.

Slowly, I quietly got out the twin bed and headed out the bedroom with her, shutting the door behind me.

The sound of soft cries from bedrooms came, and you could feel the loss, Nevana wasn't an unloved woman. It's clear she was a big part of everyone's life here.

Kilana pushed open a bathroom door and I noticed the premade tub. I shut the door and she reached up into the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of whiskey before sitting in the tub fully clothed.

I watched her for a moment, until she stared up at me tired and a bit drunk, "I promise I won't bite....hard." She said with a small laugh but sadness was evident in her eyes and on her face.

This woman's in mourning and still finding the time to crack a joke.

My kind of woman.

I slowly stepped in the tub and lowered into the hot water. We buried Nevana six hours ago. Everyone went to sleep but some stayed up to softly cry. That Michael boy did a spell to entwine Nevana in a coffin of roses and vines before they pulled her into the ground. But he said she deserved a burial from her blood. Her daughter Alice helped along with Petra and Rosie. Even Amelia had a help.

Viktor tossed in the last flower before Michael gave him a rose that he enchanted with her scent.

It was a gift he only gave five of.

Her three children, her husband, and her first love.

Kilana handed me the bottle and I took it, taking a drink before she crawled over and laid with her back to my chest while she shut her eyes and took the bottle.

She'd lost a close friend to her, I was comfort and I didn't see how, but I suppose she needs this. I lifted my hand, hesitating before running it over her hair and softly massaging her head. She laid her head back into my shoulder and let a soft moan out. But I just stared down at her, thinking how magnificently beautiful she was. Her spirit was....it was bright. She was light and I was a cave, dying for her to shine within me and let me feel warmth once more.