Chapter 22: You Have Family

Anne's POV:

I looked to the crowd, amazed that so many were here, Petra deserves whatever her heart desires. None of us would be here without her help.

A cry came from the crowd and I looked ahead to see the back of Jolene, she held on tightly to Dad who was staring at me with disbelief and sadness.

Letting go of Michaels hand, I walked toward them and as Jolene turned, she fell back into Dad and I broke into a smile, hurrying my pace.

When I finally reached her, I hugged her tightly and she sobbed, breaking down and holding me tightly.

I pulled back after what felt like an eternity and moved to dad, hugging him, "I missed you old man." I said laughing.

He sobbed, and it only made me realize, I am so loved.

The next hour was just everyone talking, hugging and kissing, being so happy to be with each other.

Lana was quiet and I wasn't sure why, but she seemed very distant. It took me a while to realize Ben wasn't with her and he wasn't coming with the others either.

Emma let me know that Ben died and Lana watched, and I realized it wasn't a right time to tell her about her dad.

A few of the Viper guys went to retrieve the others from Kentucky and came back three hours later with everyone, a few werewolves killed off, but Zuri was reunited with her parents and that was enough for me.

Lily was sad, but clung to me the remainder of the night. She was sure that I was some dream or image her mind created to sooth her pain and loss. I let her believe whatever helped her feel better.

We all sat around the hotels dining room and ate while talking about what we'd done, where we'd been.

Michael ran a hand over my back and I laid my head on his shoulder while running my hand through Lily's hair as she laid in my lap.

He stared down at her, his pain for her evident, and I know because they have a bond, I know it's the love I have for her.

"Let me get her something to ease the pain." He said quietly as he stood and headed to one of the Viper brothers.

He came back later with a pill and a bottle of water, he sat her up and placed the pill in her mouth, "Drink this down." He said calmly.

She nodded and drank down the pill before laying back down and staring up at Ryker.

He softly rubbed her legs and she took his hand holding it tight.

Thomas was still staring at me from afar, his eyes on me cautiously. Watered eyes and fear in his eyes.

"You think the others will be okay? Dayna, Alan? Bronx?" I asked Michael.

He gave a small nod, "Petra said they got out, that they're heading here." He reminded me.

We need to find a new place to stay.

Melissa's POV:

It was so odd, seeing Arabella again.

But here she was, sleeping on my legs and amongst the pile of vipers. She laid close to Dimitri and I felt content about her being alive.

Jessa lifted her head off Judah's pillow and looked around while I kept my eyes on young Bella instead.

She was laying on Viktors chest and he was fast asleep beside me. I glanced back up at Jessa who wrapped the blanket around her and slowly walked over to the lone boy who slept in a corner.