Chapter 54: Russia It Is.

Lily

In the distance, it stung like a massive gap within me that can't be whole. One that would never be fixed.

Every time I shut my eyes, I see his eyes, I feel the cool breeze of each stroke from his wings.

Lifting the covers off, I stared over at Ryker and slowly slipped out the bed before covering him up and going out the room.

Heading down the stairs, I made my way to the stairs, slowly walking down them and hearing it. It was similar to the sound of a quiet ringing tone that agitated you deeply enough that nothing could pull you from its focus.

But it wasn't a quiet ringing, more of a soft whimper, a cry for me.

The memories of my pregnancy flew through my mind, warmly bundling me up in love and a sense of belonging, needing.

I stepped out the front doors, shutting them behind me and going down to the barrier. The cool breeze brushed through in strokes far off in the distance.

He's near.

Standing at the edge, I gave it a long stare, contemplating this move, my next move.

Stepping back, I took a shaky breath and ran, crossing the barrier and stopping in my place. I stared back at the university and felt my heart ache. They're going to be so devastated, but I can't let my son destroy the world.

Not when there's so much more of it to see.

Grabbing the bike on the overgrown lawn, I hopped on and began riding, hurrying down to the main city, following my hearts pull.

Come on Anakin, where are you?

I sped up and rode back toward the Viper home, but after an hour of riding I felt it, the breeze, heavy and massive.

Halting the bike, I looked up and saw the dark shadow casted over the night sky. His wings spanned beyond Anne's, beyond Lauchs. He circled me for a while before halting and lowering himself, his man like body, covered in scales, his toes and fingertips clawed, wild eyes and more fangs than any normal vampire. He was part beast, part man, and he towered over me. But here he was, my handsome son nonetheless.

"Anakin." I said softly, stepping off the bike and letting it drop to the floor while I walked over to him carefully. I hadn't wanted to spook him or scare him off, but he took two large steps forward, shutting the gap between us.

He lifted his head, breathing in my scent before he brought his clawed hand up to my face and into my hair, bringing a fistful of it to his nose. I stood on my tip toes now, leaning into him and feeling my heart race in fear.

I let him smell for a longer minute before he let go and said something in another language. I hadn't understood it, until he lowered to his knees and placed his head to my stomach. The massive beast bowed to me, and I felt my worry vanish.

He knows I'm his mother.

A smile grew on my lips and I knelt down, taking his face into my hands, "You're such a handsome young man." I said feeling the tears spill down my face in joy. I can remember every kick in my belly, every smile in his sleep, the way his small hand grasped my finger.

Only now, I blinked and he's a man.

His head laid to my forehead and I shut my eyes holding his face in my hands still, he was all grown up, and a beast, what did Nyx do to him? To my boy.

I felt his lips on mine, and it took me by surprise, I stumbled back, falling to my ass on the ground before staring at Anakin with a bit of shock and worry.