Chapter 11: Petra

Petra's POV:

Oh they're little geniuses.

I walked around the island trying to find something they could use, and when I spotted the large yellow raft in Viktors house, I smiled.

Going to Zuri, I touched her hand and she looked at it curiously, "Come on kiddo, come on." I said quietly touching her again.

It took an hour of her following me and reaching out to follow the cold. She's a really smart kid though, and once she reached the raft, she smiled, "Thank you Petra." She said quietly.

My heart swelled a bit and I tried not to get all big headed or warm hearted. I hate kids afterall. But the thought of Jolene or Lana losing their one miracles in life just felt so heavy on me. Especially when I can help.

After four hours, I guided Zuri to everything she'd need: pacifiers, blankets, diapers, food, milk, bottles and lots of sunblock.

Zuri packed up baby Heath and carried him on her back with a little baby carrier while Lucas carried Rose in another one.

They're like little adults.

I smiled and after they blew up the raft and placed it in the water, I watched them all get in and Zuri stopped. She stared out at the water, "Will you come with us Petra? Please." Zuri said quietly.

Getting onto the raft, I placed my hand on her arm and she smiled before rowing the kids out to the land.

Once they got to land, I guided them and then when they slept in an old apartment, I headed to Rosie.

She gave me a scared look, "You freaked me out!" She shouted waking up the others and looking very weak.

Shit. They're really drawing a lot of blood from them.

"Tell Thomas Rose is safe. Tell Benson he has an amazing intelligent son, Lucas is safe. All the children are safe. I led them to safety." I said rushed while she stared at me and smirked, "I always knew you weren't the bad woman you make yourself out to be." She said cocking an eyebrow at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Would you just relay the message? I have others to check up on and report to." I said crossing my arms over my chest to avoid the happy feeling I have in me. It's nice to see someone doesn't think I'm a bad person.

"Petra said Rose is safe, and that Lucas is an amazing young boy. All the kids are safe. She led them to safety." Rosie said smiling over at me.

Thomas stared at Rosie and then over at me, well my chin but he must think I'm shorter than I am. "Thank you Petra. I promise when we are all safe, when this is over, we'll do everything we can to bring you back." He shocked me with that promise.

I wasn't ever expecting anything like that, but I'll take it.

Benson smiled softly, "He's a smart kid. His friend, that little girl, Zuzi-" Thomas corrected him, "Zuri" he nodded to Thomas, "Very smart girl. They'll be okay. Thank you Petra." He said focusing on the chains again.

Looking them over, I eyed the key hole, "I can find the key, and then let you know who has it. You guys can kill him and take the key. Right?" I asked Rosie.