Chapter 4: Not As Bad As I Thought

Amelia's POV:

Heading out of the house with my breakfast trays in hand, I gave the door a knock and waited.

Kristoffers mom opened the door and gave me a small smile, "Goodmorning Amelia." She said softly.

Despite the fact her family hates Nysroughs, she's being quite friendly, maybe my presence is a shock to her. 

I smiled back, "Goodmorning. I thought I'd bring Eva and Kris some breakfast." I said watching her facial expression grow with a bit of shock but eventually it was exchanged with a smile, "They're actually with Lily and Michael right now. All of them slept in Lily's room last night." She said while I gave an "Oh." And nodded.

She nodded back giving me an apologetic smile and then shut the door while I took the tray to Jeffrey and Abbigales door and gave it a knock.

He opened the door and looked to me with heavy grief on his face, "Amelia." He said gesturing for me to come in.

I stepped inside and thanked him before he pointed upstairs.

Right.

Going up, I stopped by the door with the lily pad painted on it. Softly opening the door, I looked inside and saw them all just talking softly and looking sad.

It almost felt a bit wrong to enter and interrupt. It's like talking in the middle of a commemoration speech.

"I'm sorry, I brought a bunch of breakfast. Bacon, Eggs and pancakes, I'm sure you're not hungry but you still need to eat. All of you." I said watching them stare at me with a silent shock.

Why is it so surprising that I can be a good person? No one even gives me a chance, I'm not the hell hounded disaster my father was.

Eva smiled up at me, "Thank you Amelia, that's very kind of you. Why don't you stay and join us?" She asked while getting up and walking to the tray.

She took it gently from my hands and I wondered why everyone always called her a bitch, she isn't a bitch.

Looking to Kris, he held a long stare before focusing on the tray.

Technically, I made an entire thing of breakfast but it was all for him.

Michael watched me with a small smile, I walked over and sat down staring at him, "You need to eat." I reminded him.

He gave a head shake, "Food doesn't sound good." He said holding Lily's hand as she blandly chewed on a pancake.

I watched her shut her eyes and start to cry again, "It's okay Lily, it's okay baby." Ryker said quietly as he held her.

She sobbed and turned to him while he nodded and comforted her.

"I should go bring breakfast to the Vipers." I said quietly standing, Eva gave me a questionable look, "The whole neighborhood can hear three distinct cries." I said looking to Lily, "One." I said quietly.

Eva stared at Lily softly.

"Vydia, and then Thomas." I said softly before watching Eva nod, "Vydia loved Anne very much." She said looking to Kris who sighed.

Lincoln took a bacon and looked at Kris, "Go help her bring it. Viktor likes you for some reason." He said completely calm.

I've heard that Lincoln's lost a bit of his mind, that he actually keeps saying Anne's alive, that she's coming on a later boat. Dayna's mom said he's lost a bit of his mind, that something in him cracked.

In short, he's indenial.

Kris stood and gave a nod, he followed me out the room and I realized this was the first time we've ever been this close. I mean with him wanting to do something with me. "I'm usually not a fan of Nysroughs." He said calmly.