Chapter 42: Knight In Shining Armor

Kilana's POV:

I stared ahead at Killian. His face still swollen but his eyes open. Black and darkness surrounded him and he looked like hell.

Nevana walked into the kitchen wearing long sleeves despite the fact the House was kind of hot.

She didn't look to Killian, just focused on pouring herself orange juice.

Alice was behind her telling her mom to go sit by the pool. Nevana gave her a small kiss on the head before running her hand down my arm and going to the pool sitting at a chair.

It was just us now.

Alice slammed the jug down and leaned over the counter looking to Killian, "I wish I knew who beat the shit out of you so I could hug them. How dare you lay your hands on her again?" She whisper shouted before Killian glared at her.

Then his eyes moved over to me and he froze.

We held stares before Alice stormed out furiously.

"Even though you knew the kind of home she came from? Come on Ian. That's-that's just disgusting." I said coldly.

His eyes began to water and he went to stand but I shook my head, "I wanted to tell you sooner but I was afraid. Now that I know who you are- what kind of man you are, I'm bothered." I scowled before scoffing "You remember when Lucious asked you and dad for my hand. You guys shut him down so quick because you were afraid he'd abuse me and beat me. That he'd be some monster. But look at you." I shook my head and stood going outside with my coffee.

Nevana was smiling and staring at the pool as Melissa went on and on about how difficult it was raising bad girls.

I sat down beside them on the other chair and they smiled at me while I gave a smile back, "It's a bit like old times." I joked watching them both laugh and nod.

Nathan walked by carrying a hammer and covered in sawdust.

His shirt was sweaty but stuck to his body and I couldn't help but think about last night.

"She's eating that up."

I gave Melissa a small swat, "I am not. He-he's just a funny guy. I like his personality." I said focusing on the water now.

Anne was begging Thomas for something while he kept saying no.

Then she sighed and went back to helping them build. His eyes moved to me, "She wants another dog." He said cocking an eyebrow at me.

Another? "When did we ever get her one?" I joked while he smirked and walked over.

He took the coffee cup taking a drink and handing it back, "Get her a cat instead. Dogs are too noisy and loud." I said handing my coffee to him again.

He took another drink and sighed, "Might have to find one first." He said laughing and giving me my coffee before going inside.

"You two are the cutest non couple couple ever." Melissa said with a small laugh.

Nevana gave me a smirk, "Because they were always more friends than lovers." She said holding that small sentence she knew but didn't say. That I never loved anyone but Lucious.

I watched Anne on the roof hammering in the top panels while Michael kept stepping back and making sure she wasn't falling.

"Not too close to the ledge Ace!" He called up to her and a guy across said "What?" And Michael shouted back "Not you for shit sake." And the guy shouted back "Stop calling my name then!"