Chapter 15: The Scruffed Womanizer

Dimitri's POV:

Dropping my head back into the cage, I stared down at Arabella as she counted the numbers in the cages and began doing math on a calculator.

She'd grown her hair out, it was her natural blonde color now. She'd even worked out, I could tell by her toned body that she could definitely kick my ass now.

Her eyes met up with mine and she gave a small glare before counting the other cages around mine.

So she still hates men.

I grinned and stared ahead, catching Lincoln's curious stare.

He should've fought harder to get Dayna out of here, but I guess she's capable of handling herself or some shit.

"Meat head."

I looked down at Arabella with a small smirk and she held a slight grin but hid it quick with a glare, "I'm looking for a new recruit. I think a guy with no boundaries could be a good asset." She said as my cage began lowering.

What the hell?

As the cage dropped, she walked over and unlocked it, "You beat children too, right?" She joked. I at least hope it was a joke.

I gave a nod, playing along and she opened the door. She was stupid for that, I tossed a punch to her face hard.

Quickly, she composed herself but I was already running.

I'd almost made it to the door but a hard body slammed into the back of me and I slid across the cement flooring and smacked into the metal door.

"Fuck." I muttered, groaning in the pain I felt all over my body now.

Looking behind me, I stared at Arabella who was standing a little ways away eyeing me over.

She did that? Holy shit.

Slowly, she walked over and I noticed she even locked and raised the cage while I was running. Damn she's fast as hell, "You uh, you been running?" I asked brushing my pants off.

She held a hand out and I eyed it before taking it, and she gave one pull, and I was up on my feet. "I have, thanks for noticing." She said before she pulled open the door.

I went first and she followed behind me.

Every vampire and vampwolf we passed bowed their heads to her and seemed to look at her with a lot of respect. "You the boss in this place?" I asked as another bowed his head to her.

She grinned softly, "Not yet, I'm almost there. Roscoe won't stop trying to one up me though, so I'm constantly questioned about my power." She said dropping her gaze.

Roscoe? "That scruffed up womanizer is still alive?" I asked in disbelief.

Arabella gave one nod, "And he's the biggest pain in my fucking ass." She said rolling her eyes and shoving open a pair of double doors.

Damn, "I thought you hated him. Why are you two hanging out now? Teaming up together?" I asked her confused.

It would make more sense for her to want to team up with us and her sisters, with Melissa.

She walked over to a desk and pulled out a box before gesturing to a seat with straps.

I sat in it cautiously, "I do hate him." She said aloud. "We found each other after the chaos broke, and just stuck with each other. We took over this factory and decided it would be a feeding ground." She said shrugging, "It wasn't my idea, but Roscoe said they have to eat." She sounded regrettable.