Chapter 44: He's Part Dragon

Niko's POV:

Grabbing the child, I walked it over to Nyx and watched her sigh as she took the baby into her arms staring at it with complete admiration.

Her eyes ran over mine, "And the child, he's ready?" She asked with her stuck up attitude.

I gave a single nod and watched her smile before she took the child to the fire pit and tossed it in.

The whole room grew silent.

Everyone was disturbed.

Nyx grinned softly and began to shout the words from the tops of her lungs.

Slowly, the child's cry grew darker, heavier, it took on a new form and rose from the pit of fire stretching his arms and legs. His body slowly grew, his head and eyes forming that of a mans.

As Nyx chanted louder, it grew older, and once she stopped, the baby-now a man and baring the look of a grown man, stepped out the flames.

He stared down at Nyx and grinned with a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. He's not supposed to have razor sharp teeth.

The worry flashed over Nyx's face and she hid it quick, but the mans eyes bore into her, a bright red and orange tinted tone. He wasn't human.

"He's supposed to be human!" Nyx said disturbed and stepping back.

Theon stepped back and grabbed my sleeve, pulling me back with him, "We have to get out of here." He said quietly. Something wasn't right, he's-

A gust of fire blew from his mouth and out his hands formed claws and from his back, massive wings.

He's part dragon.

"It's Lily's son." I said quietly, suddenly feeling a lot more wary.

Nyxs eyes moved to me and she held out a hand, pointing an accusing finger toward me. "You say Lily-who's the father?!" She shouted.

The beast grew angrier, his fury clear-that anger, the vengeance of a Nysrough. "Verin's." I said quieter. "He's a Nysrough." I said aloud.

The fear flashed over Nyx's eyes and she reached over grabbing a book, "My descendant, his descendant. No." She said shaking and dropping the book.

What the hell did she just raise up?

The last thing we all heard before the roaring of the beast, was the sound of Nyx's scream that shattered the glass and deafened everyone in the room.

It followed with the feel of her warm flesh and blood raining down on us all.

The beast gave a loud and heavy roar, it was furious.

And it went-leaping out the window and flapping its wings, "Where's it going?" Mr. Panthayr asked moving to the window and watching it fly off.

"He's going to drink, maybe find his mom." Dad said standing and wiping the blood from his face, "It's a real bummer, I was hoping to see Anne and Nyx battle." He said sighing and looking around the room at Nyxs remains.

Yeah.

But what the hell did she release?

Jameson's POV:

Fucking hell.

Kicking the door down, I sighed and walked in slamming the door shut behind me.

Why are both sides run by woman? I'm sick of this woman empowerment shit.

"Jameson?"

Fucking hell, "When can I get a fucking break?!" I shouted turning and stopping as I saw her with Lincoln.