Chapter 27: Stay. Please.

Jessa's POV:

After dinner was over, I helped to clean up and tried not to be in anyone's way.

Petra didn't know I could hear, and I understand that. It's not her fault, or at least I'd like to believe that's true. She was mean but she is just sad and lost.

Going up the stairs, I headed to the top floor and over to his room. The scent of lavender and orange blossom filled my nose. "Um, Mr. Andres?" I asked quietly outside his curtain door.

He slowly pulled the curtain back and gave me a confused look, "You're the uh-Viper sister right?" He asked rubbing his jaw and looking around.

I gave a nod, to keep things short, "I need help." I whispered.

His eyes met mine, "What kind of help?" He asked looking back into his room and sighing. I watched him go in and mutter for someone or something to stay put and not move around so god damn much.

I peeked inside and saw him holding the mouse, but beside him stood the woman who was glaring at him annoyed. 'I hate this barrier! Let me go see my daughter!' She shouted at him. He didn't respond or seem to act like he responded.

"What are you looking at?"

His question pulled my eyes from her to him and I felt her stare on me, crap. I couldn't help staring though, she looked so familiar.

"I want Petra to be in a body. A real body and I believe you can do it." I said softly so no one else would hear.

Only the mean evil twin heard and poofed up next to me, "You what?" I ignored her question and existence entirely.

Andres shook his head, "I can't. Listen, I've tried it before, I've attempted and all I got was a-" he stopped and stared at the mouse before looking to me.

I gave the mouse a look over, obviously the mouse is that woman.

Take this for retard, Petra, "The mouse is that woman. That woman wants to see her daughter. She's sick of whatever barrier you have on her." I confessed for the first time since Aunt Melissa.

His eyes narrowed in on me before he stared behind him, "You can see her?" He asked quietly.

I gave a nod, "And hear her. But in confessing that, I've given myself away. Petra's here right now and I need you to put her in a body. Now." I said firmly and sounding much more intellectual than I ever have before.

Petra stepped in front of my view and stared at me, "If you heard and saw everything I've been doing, why the hell are you helping me?" She asked furious with me.

Meanwhile the woman was giving me a strange look, "Lets try again." I said to Andres.

"Put Petra's soul in a body." I demanded.

He shook his head, "Then I'll tell that you've turned someone's mother to a mouse." I said scowling at him now.

Andres took a step forward and I jumped, he's still a man, and men scare me greatly. 'Don't cower Jessa. Hold your ground.' Petra said quietly.

Right.

Staring at him, I took a step forward and held his glare, "You don't even know her name." He said grinning.

I looked to the woman and she smirked at Andres, 'It's Kilana' she said eyeing him over with amusement.

"Oh but I do." I said smirking, "Kilana." I stated quietly.

Petra gasped and I looked to her confused but focused back on Andres, "So, will you help us?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

He tapped his foot anxiously, "Fine. Tell her to meet me outside tomorrow night, three houses down to the left. I probably won't be able to do any spells like that in here." He said nervously.