Chapter 19: Took His Hand

Lana's POV:

Speeding the last five miles away, I wasn't stopping for anything.

We were almost there and I could feel my chest rise and fall with so many emotions, I wasn't sure I could manage all the different feelings.

Valdus leaned forward, eyeing the town as we zoomed into it. He looked over at me and placed a hand on my thigh, "Ease up, the kids might be out." He reminded me.

The last thing I'd want is to hit them going ninety. I slowed down and began to drive twenty, until I felt the cold touch on my hand.

"Here." I said putting the car in park and jumping out.

I ran following the coolness and reached the small hotel. Yanking the doors open, I ran up the steps, "Heath!" I called, not noticing how shaky my voice sounded.

"Lana! Be care-God dammit, Jolene! Melissa! Lily!" Valdus grunted in annoyance and hurried up past us, moving past me and giving me a threatening glare.

"Precautions." He said quietly before pulling his gun out.

Right.

"If you shoot one of the kids, I'll tear your insides out and feed them to you." I warned quietly.

He watched me for a moment and then nodded, "I'm sure you would." He replied in a hushed tone.

A small pair of footsteps ran above us, and we all stopped, and stared at them.

Jolene shut her eyes and smiled softly before running past us and up the stairs. "They're here. They're alone." She said rushing to one of the doors.

I followed and as we swung the doors open, Lucas swung a bat hard and quick, it slammed into my stomach and I watched the wood shatter.

"Nice hit." I said looking from him to Norahs daughter who held Heath.

She smiled softly at me and walked him over, "We already fed him his bottle and he's had his nap." She said quietly.

Oh my god.

Taking him into my hands, I held onto Heath and slowly walked inside, sitting on the bed while I admired my perfect baby boy.

It's been too long without him, without his sweet face.

"He's a very good baby." Zuri said as she sat down beside me, staring cautiously at Heath. She looked over at the other mothers holding their children, smiling and looked away sad. "I hid with him in the shed, Rosie made me. But they took my mom like they took you guys." She said softly.

Rosie? "Rosie told you to hide Heath?" I asked quietly.

She gave a nod, "They took Lily's baby." She said softer as she watched Lily stand by the door staring blankly as Lucas talked.

He's probably explaining it to her.

Such young old people.

"You're very mature for your age, and very brave. We'll help all of you get your mothers. All of you." I said taking her hand.

She gave me a small smile and looked down at her shoes.

Staring back at Heath, I felt like I had my life again. Even if the biggest part of me was gone. God Ben, what am I going to do without you? Without us?

I pushed back my tears and grief and stood, "Valdus, we have to get the other children to their parents. Lily, we'll find your son, I swear to it. Anakin will be found." I said kissing her forehead and watching her slowly nod in a saddened way.