Chapter 47: Wait

Viktors POV:

Melissa still won't sleep on the bed. Sighing, I got out of the bed, "Mel," I softly shook her arm while she looked to me and ignored me. "Take the bed. I'll sleep with one of the boys." I whispered.

She sat up and moved past me to the bed staying far from my side.

Going out the room, I shut the door behind me quietly and headed up the stairs to Valdus's room pushing the door open.

He stared at me with wide eyes like I'd caught him masturbating, pure embarrassment and shame.

I took in the scene quietly, in his arms was Heath drinking a bottle and on Val's shoulder was Lana heavily passed out. He just stared down at Heath with his brows furrowed. I'd warned him that he'd be a rebound in Lana's life, but-here it, well it feels more like I just walked in on him and his wife with their son.

He moved the baby to its stomach before burping it and then wrapping it in the blanket. He'd watched the nannies so much he would tell them he's got it. As a kid he always wanted a sister, but he kept getting brothers and I remember how angry he was when we found out we were pregnant with Roscoe.

"You look good." I said quietly watching him stare at me with a silent embarrassment. But he didn't talk, and I think it's because he was afraid of waking Lana.

I walked over to the desk, picking up the papers quietly and looking to the university.

Valdus walked over holding Heath in his arm as he softly bounced him, "Lana said we should break down the wall here and there and then open the ceiling. Give it two stories, space of four dorms." He whispered pointing to the dorms layout.

Smart girl, "Why aren't you with Mel?" He asked with a small glare. It was the kind of look he gave me when he knew but didn't want to say he knew. "She's pissed about Nevana and I. So I'm giving her space." I said quietly.

Valdus gave a nod, "Check Dimitri's room. It's just him and Kristoffer." He said before walking back to the bed.

I took a last look as he got in the bed and laid Heath down between him and the now comfortably sleeping Lana. She has no idea how lucky she is, he's my finest and greatest son. My proudest.

Going out the door, I shut it quietly behind me and headed down the stairs stopping as I saw Kilana hurry down the stairs smiling.

Following her, I headed to the kitchen seeing her hunched over the ground with a blanket over her body. "This is some horror film shit right here." I muttered while she turned and gave me a small laugh, "Hey, What are you doing up?" She asked focusing back on the ground.

I walked over to her and knelt down beside her staring at the cat.

"It's a cat." I said watching it eat the can of spam. It was all black and had bright blue eyes, "Where'd you get it?" I asked tickling the cats ear.

Kilana smirked, "It's a kitten Vik, and I got it thanks to President Nicholson. He went out and found me a cat while he was busy collecting maps with some others." She said happily.

I'm confused, "Why a kitten?" I asked while she gave me a sideways glance, "Because dogs are gross. So Anne can have a cat. Not a dog." She said motherly.

Ah, so Anne wants a pet.

Didn't she have that evil dog Grim?

I wonder what ever happened to Grim.

"You look troubled. Is it Melissa and Nevana? They aren't talking and Mel says she's okay but Nevana said she found out you and Nevvie popped the affair cherry." She said quietly giving me a long stare, it had no judgment, just curiosity.