Chapter 7: Heath & Zuri

Michaels POV:

I watched him argue with Petra, (or well I'm guessing it's Petra, or he's lost his mind).

He got in the boat and pushed it off, leaving the island. Everyone was going to sleep now, all of them tired and exhausted with today.

Vydia was up and walking now, but she was very quiet.

I sat on my roof and stared down at everyone, watching them all live and exist without being aware of all the secrets.

Pulling the ring from my pocket, I ran my fingers over it and stared down at it wondering why I took so long to ask her.

I should've asked her that night in the rose garden.

"I miss you Ace, so much." I said softly while staying watch.

A few hours passed before I got down and headed inside making myself a coffee.

Lily let out a loud cry and I ran out the house, running to her home and hearing Ryker shout that we needed a nurse. Kris ran down and moved past me out the door.

I headed up the stairs and Lily let out another cry, "Keep pushing Lily, come on baby. It's okay." Ryker said holding her hands. 

She cried heavier now.

Her eyes moved to me and she shut them staring up at the ceiling, "Nurse!" She shouted to us.

Annie, Dayna's Mom, came in wrapping a robe around her body and moving to Lily. She began washing her hands first and then looked to Lily, "You'll be fine hun, you're due anyways. You're gonna take a deep and steady breath, then push. We're going to keep pushing Alright?" She said to Lily who nodded anxiously.

Eva held Lily's hand tightly while Lily's mom, Abbigale, held her other hand.

Ryker was standing by the wall with Kris and Lincoln.

After a few hours, Lily pushed out a son, she smiled widely and seemed so happy for this moment.

I gave Lily a kiss on the head and then left, hearing her name her son Anakin. He was her Anne.

Going out the door, I went for the stairs and out the house.

People were standing around the house and sitting waiting. Jolene stood and stared at me, "Is she okay?" She asked worriedly.

I gave a nod, "She had a son, Anakin." I said smiling softly and watching Jolene turn and hug Thomas.

She'd given birth to her baby Rose while the girls were gone trying to bring back Anne.

All these babies being born, their names reminding me more that Anne isn't here. I watched Thomas smile at his brother Jeffrey, "You're a grandfather now." He said teasing him.

Jeffrey laughed, "Oh god, I am." He said before going inside the house.

I held eyes with Thomas, we haven't said a word to each other since the news of Annalise. I wasn't sure I had anything to say either, I let him down. He trusted me with his one precious jewel in life, and I lost it.