Chapter 25: Besides Dorky

Faye's POV:

Everyone was being placed in rooms and they brought in large pieces of ply wood and began making the lofts into rooms.

Meanwhile I was in the kitchen opening the cans and watching them continue to bring in generators.

We've got quite the place here and I kind of like how small yet huge it is, we were able to really get to know one another.

Alice said her mom touched Rosie and noticed she was pregnant but refuses to tell anyone.

Koda seems like he noticed but won't say anything because he's scared. After all he's trying to get at Jessa but she's like the over protected angel of their family.

"Can't we find anything still growing? Jesus." Melissa said sighing as she walked in holding apples in a basket.

"The trees flourished on their own. But my onions, garlic and even the herbs died. Except the mint and rosemary. Those somehow survived." She said eyeing the bundles in her hand.

Lilith laughed softly, "That'll happen when there's no one to take care of them. No peppers then?" She asked.

Melissa shook her head, "And only three cherry tomatoes. The almond tree gave a lot though. So we've got lots of almonds." She said sighing as Leon walked in carrying a box of Almonds.

Yum.

Alice reached in and grabbed one, shaking it and nodding, then she crushed the almond in her hand and pulled the almond out, "Looks good." She commented.

Judah walked in and leaned over taking it into his mouth and grinning, "Taste good too." He said winking at her and giving his hundred dollar smile to Melissa.

I laughed and watched Alice playfully hit Judah before he cracked one and placed it in her mouth kissing her head and walking out.

They've been fucking even months before we all got taken, almost everyone knew.

They seem like a good couple, and it's nice that she gets to show up to Abe. The idiot who hurt her not once, not twice, but three times. And she lost her child, which only made things harder. But she's recouping. I think Judah's a big help for that.

My mind wandered to Romeo and I felt disgusted at the fact I even thought of him. Fucking bastard.

Shaking him from my mind, I opened the last can, Eva walked in and tossed three bottles of garlic powder down, "that one chick Natasha found these. She found more spices too but she's trying to put them all into their own jars so we don't have fifty bottles of salt and thirty peppers." She said laughing short and heading to the back door.

Valdus walked in sweating and covered in sawdust, he pulled out a cup and opened a jug of water, pouring his glass.

He was a handsome guy, I could see why girls gawk and drool around him, but he had this hidden darkness in him. I feel like on the inside he's just a really big asshole.

Rosie plucked three ice cubes from the freezer which (thanks to the generators) was now working. She dropped them into his glass and he gave her a careful stare, "What's Koda like?" He asked her quietly.

I watched as Rosie laughed, "Besides dorky, protective and annoying?" She asked watching as Alice left the kitchen.

Continuing to pour the cans into the pot, I tried not to pry, but I liked knowing what was going on. It's interesting to know Valdus is suddenly interested in Jessa's protection. Okay that's obviously not right of me to say, I mean the way he took that axe to Vlad was pretty intense.