Chapter 45: Joy and Happiness

Kilana's POV:

Fucking hell. Why did I leave? I always chicken out! Why am I such a chicken shit?

I bit my nail and paced the floor boards before staring at Melissa who was quietly singing Belle to sleep.

She smirked softly, "You'll be fine Anna. Go downstairs and sit with her. Have an actual conversa-" the door opened and Thomas stared down at me. He reached down and took my wrist pulling me with him down the stairs. What the hell Thomas?

We headed into a library and then into a room that looked like an office.

Anne was sitting in a chair with Michael beside her while she held his hand tightly. He gave me a soft smile as Thomas shut the door, "Alright, let's clear the air." Thomas said sitting down across from Anne who kept staring at me with this shocked and wide eyed stare.

I know, "Anne, your mother. Kilana, Anne." Thomas said sighing and sitting back.

It grew quiet again, "You loved Lucious, you loved him more than you loved Thomas. Why didn't you run off and elope?" She asked gathering all of our shocked attentions.

The question stirred up regret in me, "My fear. I was engaged to Thomas for a few months and Lucious was changing, He was more violent and hateful. Once he dropped out of school, I married Thomas because I feared Lucious's anger. The whole war was to get his hands on you, to kill me for having ever left or hurt him and then to raise you as his own before he killed you to sacrifice you." I said softly before she dropped her shocked look and grew to a curious stare.

Her eyes met Thomas's "I grew up thinking I was an orphan, little did I know my dad was secretly watching over me and that my mom was trapped in a mouse. This is-wow. Michael is your family this complex?" She asked staring at him. He smirked down at her, "I do get surprise half siblings pop up a lot. Sorry Kilana but my father was a whore." He said giving me an apologetic look.

Yeah, "He definitely became one." I joked and sat back. Thomas smirked, "You his first?" He asked taking me back but I just held his stare, then I gave a nod, "And he was mine." I admitted staring ahead at Anne who was laughing low.

Thomas laughed low, "So you weren't a virgin?" He joked and I swatted his arm, "No, of course not. You saw how wild I was, of course I wasn't a virgin." I said scoffing and crossing my arms over my chest.

He laughed a bit more and Michael gave us an amused look, "Why don't we have dinner together tomorrow night? Just the four of us?" Thomas asked leaning forward.

Michael looked down at Anne who shook her head, "It'll be the six of us." She said smiling at me sheepishly.

Six? Is she pregnant with twins?

Thomas stared at Michael with a killer glare and Michael was giving Anne a completely confused look, "Aunt Jo and Rose." She said as if we were all dumb.

Oh thank god!

Thomas let out a sigh and ran his hands over his face while Michael ran his hand over his hair sitting back and letting out a worried breath. Then Thomas scowled at Anne, "You scared the shit out of me kid." He said shaking his head.

Anne laughed and her face lit up, "Oh my god you guys thought I meant I was pregnant? No old Man, we're not trying yet. We just have fun." She said giving her dad a hard time.

Michael blushed and pulled Anne's face to his bicep while she laughed and kept telling her dad they don't like protection because the condom doesn't feel as nice. "Ace! You're going to get my ass killed." He said laughing and giving her a tickle on the side.