Chapter 39: Romance

Emma's POV:

"Shit, come on Lincoln. Wake up." I pulled and dragged him into the home shutting the door and locking it before pulling him into one of the rooms and yanking him onto the table.

Cutting his shirt off, I took his arm noticing the cracks in his ribs and the massive gashes from the rocks splitting his skin. His hands were completely blistered and cut up.

Fuck.

Hurrying to the kitchen, I grabbed out a first aid kit and some water bottles along with a bottle of liquor.

Lincoln was still out cold but he won't be for long.

I've got a lot of stitching to do.

"Fuck Emma! Fuck you!" Lincoln shouted while I finished the last stitch on his rib.

I'd accidentally gone too deep but he was whining like a baby the whole time. "I bet Dayna wouldn't bitch this much." I said smirking as he gritted his teeth and glared at me through the reflection of the mirror.

"Dayna didn't lift a hundred and thirty pound woman on her back with a god damn broken arm and four broken ribs." He hissed as I poked him deep on purpose this time.

He grabbed my wrist and tightened his grip, his eyes meeting mine, "You know I hate you, right?" He asked low and cold.

I laughed softly, "Shut up wannabe assassin." I turned his head forward and pulled his hand off my wrist.

We'll have to find the others. Wherever the hell they are. We know the state, but that's about all we know.

Grabbing the blankets, I made a large bed since the mattresses were covered in rat shit.

He held his bowl of cold raviolis and I took my bowl sitting down beside him under the blanket.

"You have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend?" He asked before shoving a forkful of raviolis into his mouth.

I scoffed, "A girl like me doesn't settle. I've had my fun but honestly I just don't see the point in romance. It always ends the same way, lies, disloyalty, cheating." I shrugged and shoved a ravioli in my mouth.

This would taste so much better hot.

Lincoln was quiet for a while, then put the fork down into the bowl, "That's not true. Not all relationships are that way. Dayna and I are honest, I've never been with another woman behind her back, she's-I hope, never been with another guy." He said giving me a look over.

Oh, really? "So you hadn't thought about banging one of the other girls? Lana the sexy bad girl with a dark past and the ass of a fucking Brazilian babe? Vydia, with her killer looks and big tits, not to mention the fact she has one of those seductive voices! Or...Annalise...literally a fucking goddess. She's the hottest woman I've ever laid eyes on. Her body a complete weapon, her big lips and killer smile?" I daydreamed over Anne's smirk and shook it from my mind.

Lincoln kept his stare on me, then scowled a bit before, "No, not as much as you clearly have." He said slowly grinning.

What?

I laughed and shook my head, "I just appreciate a beautiful human when I see them. It doesn't mean I'm a lesbian. Don't look at me like that." I said shoving another forkful of ravioli in my mouth.

He shrugged, "I mean if I was single, yeah I'm sure I'd daydream about all of you. But Dayna would be my greatest daydream. To me, she's the hottest. She's got the perfect amount of everything." He said smirking as he stared at the wall.