Chapter 37: I Can Remember That Too

Thomas's POV:

Kilana and Jolene fell asleep in the bed, both of them hugging Rose. The image was something of a dream, something part of a life I knew I probably could never imagine having.

I rocked back once and watched the bedroom door open to show Viktor looking frustrated and aggitated.

He shut the door quietly and looked over at me and then the bed. "How do you do it? Raise daughters? Aren't you worried?" He asked quietly as he took a seat in the other rocking chair.

A smirk grew over my lips, "I never raised Anne, my brother did that. I just entered her life when she was into romance, trouble and teen angst." I admitted sitting back and sighing.

Viktor laughed softly, "It's hard, I think I just scared the shit out of that Koda boy. But I hate to think what thoughts he has about Jessa. She's my little girl. She's-she's pure and delicate. She's like a butterfly." He said with a saddened tone.

I looked over at him, thinking about Koda, "He's a good kid, very in tune with his good morals. She could be with someone like Kris or Abe." I joked shaking my head.

He rubbed his temple, "You don't worry? I'm freaking out even thinking that Vydia and Lucien are trying for a kid. The simple fact irks my flesh." He said gripping the chair as he said it.

A sick image crossed my mind, "I walked in on Michael and Anne. Trust me, having the possible thoughts as a fear is better than seeing it with your eyes." I cringed and stared at Kilana as she curled her face into Rose's blanket.

It was quiet for a while, "Is it weird to have her back? Your ex wife and fiancé now in the same bed." He said gesturing to the bed.

I hadn't thought of it that way, "They where close before I ever entered their lives. They're sisters, and I think Jolene sees Kilana as more like a daughter to her than sister. Their mother died when they were young and Jolene raised all of them." I whispered as they stirred.

Viktor nodded, "I remember. She used to fight a lot when she was young. Now she's so motherly and gentle, I don't know if she still can fight." He said smirking at me.

Oh she can, "She's a remarkable fighter still. Now she's mastered magic so she's even more difficult to beat in a fight. She'd take down Nevana." I said smirking proudly over at him.

He cocked an eyebrow at me and then looked a bit guilty as he stared at Melissa in bed.

His eyes focused back on Kilana, "I hope Anne realizes how lucky she is, to have so many loving parents in her life." He said softly before catching my stare, "You're a great father." He sighed and stood saying goodnight before going to the bed and laying beside Melissa.

I got up and moved to Jolene's side, laying down and pulling her to my chest. Kilana was awake now, and staring at me with a small smirk, "You look good together." She mouthed.

My heart felt full, hearing her blessing lifted a weight off me I hadn't known was there.

"Thank you." I mouthed back while she shut her eyes and fell asleep.

Kilana's POV:

All I keep seeing is her face.

Turning onto my back, I stared over at Jolene and Thomas, both of them fast asleep. Thank god she stepped into his life. I would've hated breaking his heart after all this time.

'Sorry Thomas you were a great friend but nothing more, I actually never was sexually attracted to you.'

That would've been an awkward conversation to have.