Chapter 4

(Colby)

  There were approximately two days left until the weekend if you didn't count today. And I was beyond excited. Well not really but I was glad I wouldn't have to deal with my new bully or any of the other kids who found it funny to slowly crush me.

I'd be spending this weekend in my room most probably. I could go to the park, but I didn't really have anything to do there seeming as I had no friends to be accompanied with. It was sad, but I had gotten used to it for the mean time.

Currently, I had lunch hour.

The food was no different than the day before and so was the tension in the cafeteria. Noisy and quite sweaty with most of the students just returning from Physical Education, or as some call it, PE.

I personally was never a fan of sports as noticed and tried avoiding it as much as possible, yet it was still part of my average grade so I had to attend for a few sessions.

Next was Chemistry. A subject I was fairly good at unlike most students. I couldn't really find it hard but it surely needed studying for. And as the only person who actually paid attention in class, it was pretty easy for me. I took helpful notes when I can and tried my absolute best asking questions without being made fun off.

For, as a nerd, it's apparently funny to ask questions and something to laugh at.

The school bell was soon to ring and it was time for my favorite class compared to the rest. I didn't really like school, but hey, a little chemistry should do the job. Sarcasm.

I flung my backpack over both my shoulders, as the 'cool kids' rarely do nowadays, and pushed passed students of a higher or lower grade to get to my next class. Of course, they were all larger than I.
☆☆
My eyes followed the teacher as Miss. Flaunder roamed from right to left, scribbling down notes on the board as her heels clicked against the marbled ground.

The class was quiet for the most part, except the little sniggers and muttering here and there from students. At times, I would actually find myself laughing, but other than that it was total boredom. Even for I who likes this particular subject more than others.

"Hey.." a voice whispered but I hadn't managed to catch it and continued writing. "Hey, little nerd.." I looked around confused, but couldn't spot anyone looking at me. I shook my head and continued on before something was flicked at my head.

"Over here, dipshit." The voice, finally heard, called out making me turn to the responsible.

"I.. I kinda need your help here." Sam whispered, making sure only I could hear. I looked down at his paper in confusion seeming as he had already gotten the answers to some questions I already solved for the classwork.

"I already cheated those off of you," he clarified making me furrow my brows. "But that's not what I meant. I kinda.." Sam sighed, running a hand through his hair as I watched him. "I kinda need your help.. in tutoring." He continued, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I expected him to jump up from his seat and yell 'it's a prank!' but he seemed sincere. "U-Um, sure. I guess I could help," I mumbled, looking away for once. "F-feel free to drop by whenever." I smiled weakly, receiving a sigh in relief.

I was a bit shocked Sam had come to his senses but was overall happy I could spend a little time with him. Though I know we could never be more than mere acquaintances, I'd take whatever I guess.

With that, I turned back around, a little smile playing on my lips as I continued copying the notes, filling the margins with any little notes I could use later on. It was really helpful since the teacher doesn't write those little notes down. And those could cost a good amount of points if we weren't careful enough.

And so, I went on with my day. It was the same as usual, except this time I had something to make me feel a little giddy and excited for.

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN