Chapter 6

(Colby)

  The weekend had finally rolled in and I was a bit more giddy than my previous mood. Though I didn't have anything to do and Jacob would probably stay out, I just read and snacked on some chocolate bars. I wouldn't really mind reading all day but it gets boring eventually.

I was currently laying on my stomach as I read through my book, glasses plopped up comfortably on the bridge of my nose. The crickling of the wrapping paper sounded as I folded it over and kept it aside for further discarding.

A little knock interrupted me from continuing and the door was slightly creaked open. Jacob peeked his head in goofily and grinned a bit making me chuckle. He seemed in a good mood today and I didn't really want to question it.

I sat up straight and folded my legs under me as I looked at him curiously.

"We're going bowling, get dressed." He said, leaving no room for arguments before shutting the door. I sighed lightly with a little smile and spiraled off my bed.

Though I wasn't too fond of Jacob's friends, I still wanted to get out of the house. So I took whatever chance I got.

Shuffling towards my closet, I wiggled out of my baggy clothes and slid on a pair of jeans and a comfortable hoodie to keep me warm.

☆☆

The building was one story high and looks really flashy with colors on the outside, that I could only imagine what it looked like inside.

Jacob was huddled along with his friends as they messed around and shoved each other, leaving me a little to the side. I preferred it that way though. I'd probably break a bone if I were to interfere with their wrestling.

All I could do was smile. I was happy Jacob had friends he could trust and turn to for anything. I, admittedly, looked up to Jacob. Though I wasn't as badass as him, I still thought he was a really cool brother.

Jacob noticed me smiling and raised a questioning brow. I simply shook my head and followed them inside. And as predicted, colorful lights flashed through the bowling alleys and music played in the background as people bowled along different lanes, taking turns with every bowling ball they threw.

The smell of food, hot dogs to be specific, filled my nose deliciously as we walked through. Large screens hang above each lane, showing the points each bowler had collected or lost and colorful bowling balls rolled back into their slots after being thrown in the gutter.

The atmosphere was a nice one. Yet it soon tensed once I spotted a few school mates scattered on a table far down to my right. I simply ignored them and took a seat as I waited for my turn to arrive. Apparently as I gaped around at the place, the rest had grabbed us shoes and paid for the entree.

As grateful as I was, I was nervous when my turn had arrived. I was in no shape to bowl nor did I have the capabilities for it.

As I inched closer to the lane, I glance nervously at Jacob, hoping he would spare me this round. He simply shakes his head with a mean grin and leaves me in the hands embarrassment. I groan lightly and position myself near the lane.

Swinging my arm back, I let out a breath and once my arm had swung back and forth enough, I let go off the ball, allowing it to role into the gutter with no pins down. At all.

I blushed in embarrassment as Jacob's friends burst out laughing, clearly on the verge of humorous tears. I grumble grumpily and sit back in my seat after Jacob ruffled my hair and chuckled, going for his turn.

The night went on like this. Thankfully clearing my head from the disappointment I still felt after Sam left the day before. I was aware he was only using me for answers to the assignment kids these days are too cool to complete.

Yet I was aware of that the moment my giddiness had taken domination and Sam's figure left my house without a second glance towards me.

Hey, after all, I'm just a mere nerd. This shouldn't mean anything, but it does.

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN