Chapter 41

(Jake)

Out of all the times I needed to hesitate, this was one of the worst. But Colby's words rung through my ears like a never ending echo and repeated itself until it was engraved into my memory.

My teeth grit in anger, my fists squeezed the gun tighter, and my finger tempted to get this all over this. But I couldn't, not when that damned bastard has been mentioned. If there's one person's forehead I'd love to put my bullets in, it would be my father's. And my father's only.

A monster out of hell and created by the devil. A man of cowardry and no heart. A man with his emotions frozen with the strongest of sources yet never even there to begin with. A man of shame over his family and a bullet to his opponents' heads.

I want him to experience what thousands of people have gone through, what my mother went through. Plunging a bullet right between her eyes for trying to free me from his unbearable horrors.

I was nothing but a tool for my dad. He wanted me to become the perfect killing machine, he made me hold a gun at the age of 10, and isolated me from the outside world.

I wasn't allowed to have friends, I wasn't allowed to find love, and I wasn't allowed to live. I despised him, loathed him and yet I never had the guts to slit his throat, shoot him in the head, kill him.

And despite all that, being here in a cold burning garage with a gun pointed at what was once the harmless school nerd, it all brought me back to my dad.

I'm not him. But I'm becoming him.

"I'm not my father.." I whispered, shaking my head in refusal and chuckling humorlessly. Colby looked up at me. "I am not my father, nor will I ever be." I said again, taking a short step back.

"Get up." I suddenly said, changing subjects and motioning him up with my gun. He obliged silently, using the pillar as a surface to hold onto.

He stood with weak legs, limping a bit but eventually finding balance. He looked at me through blood and sweat, bruises littering his face here and there. His expression was calm and defeated as he just stood there.

I stared at him for brief moments before unloading my gun, stuffing it in my waistband and walking towards him. He flinched when I reached for his arm but eventually let me with curious eyes.

I slipped one hand under his armpit, hoisting him a little onto my side before leading him out of the garage. "Don't think you're off the hook, sweet-cakes. Last bullet's for you."

☆☆

(Jacob)

Shots rung through the air, yells and screams flowed in the wind, and pure violence laid upon each and every one of us. Crew were lost, bullets were wasted, and people were put in danger.

One of them being my brother. Death awaits me, it's expecting me and we all know that. I'll accept it, just not this once. I won't leave my brother in a mess of a life I've created nor will I leave him for the dangers of it all.

One day he won't need me, one day he'll top me off and be able to pin me down when he couldn't. But until then, I'll be breathing down his neck and murdering whoever deems him danger.

I've started this, and I'm going to end this.

In the center of all this chaos and murder, stood a single man. A man who watched the chaos he was responsible for unfold, through a single glass wall and in a full black attire.

He just stood there, watching men die and get harmed all for the sake of his satisfaction. I hate it.

He doesn't deserve to stand up there in the safety of his home while death walks in front of us all. He's safe up there for now, but he'd be fucking stupid if he thinks he's safe up there forever.

I'll fight, I'll kill, I'll wound, but I won't stop until my rifle's pressed against his forehead and blowing his sick mind into bits and pieces of brain splatters and blood. A man of no shame but more scars than one can count.

A man who'll put my family in danger to get to me. All for fucking his god damn son.

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN