Chapter 32

(Colby)

The cabin was dark when Raven and I arrived but the blinds were pulled open to let in a little moonlight. The atmosphere felt tense and threatening when we entered, making us stiff almost instantly out of nerves.

Raven's eyes met mine briefly, silently sending me a message. Something was wrong and that theory was soon to be proven right when the lights were turned on and multiple figures entered the room. A few of them being the three men I've lived with for a good short while.

Jacob sneered when he was pushed down on his knees, glaring at the guy holding him. All Sam, Jacob, and Ryder were kneeled down with their hands secured behind their backs and behind them stood a few other members with guns trailed around the room.

My eyes landed on a man -at least in his late 20's- standing in the center of the cabin with a single barrel pointed in our direction despite the many others that were pointed at us occasionally.

"Welcome home, little bro." Jacob smiled, clearly sarcastic. His glare though stayed stuck on the man standing in the middle of the room, clearly someone we should consider a threat.

Finally, he spoke "If you know better, boy, stand down and don't make it any harder for yourself." I frowned and eyed the weapons trailed on us. I did know better, and it was obvious Raven and I couldn't stand a chance against all of them. We were outnumbered by a very large amount.

It'd only be smart to comply to what they say.

☆☆

My knees hit the ground below painfully, releasing a grunt from both Raven and I when we forced to our knees as well. We looked up as the man clicked his gun and paced around agonizingly slow. It was irritating to the eyes. At least mine.

Jacob, Ryder and I, sneered up at the unidentified group and bared teeth in threat. Raven- as he was just as confused as us - simply glared daggers at anyone who dared to test him further than they already did.

Manhandling was something no one appreciated, and so it clearly seemed in Raven's case. "Alright,"

I began, watching the man with narrowed eyes. "You've got us wrapped up and secured, now who the fuck are you guys?" My colleague's eyes grew a little wide. Just a few weeks ago I was the shy, scared nerd who didn't even have the balls to stand up for himself.

And now here I was, demanding answers. Ryder, Sam and Jacob were shocked beyond belief. Obviously as they hadn't expected such confidence to burst from within me. As for Raven, well it was pretty obvious by how small and scrawny I was that being scared and weak would be taken into expectation.

I was not the person I was a few weeks ago, I didn't have that life anymore. My life has been turned around and in just a single click. I had to be independent and strong, to prove I'm more than just a useless, scrawny kid. I had to be better if we want to survive.

The sudden clicks of boot heals snapped me out of thought and stopped when they entered my line of vision. "Well, hello there Colby."

"Angie.. !?"

☆☆

"Angie.. ?" Sam chocked out, looking up at his sister with disbelief in his eyes. Angie looked healthy, light brown hair weaved into a long braid that laid against the middle of her back, bright eyes filled with perkiness but a hint of profession, body fit perfectly into black leather pants and a leather jacket, she looked better than she was once before.

"Hello, dear brother." She smiled sadly, probably knowing how shocking it was for her brother. I, on the other hand, was confused.

'Angie is too sweet to do this,' I thought but apparently I had thought that out loud as Angie's eyes darkened a little. "Angie.. how? You-" Angie cut Sam's attempt off and sighed, slumping her hands to her side.

"I might have it in my name, but I'm no angel." She shook head motioning her crew with a single motion of her hand to let us loose. They reluctantly complied and let us loose, heaving us up to our feet quite forcefully.

"But how? Y-You -the blood, Mom, dad .." Sam trailed off, shaking his head in distress but also utter relief. My eyes instantly shot to Sam who, when met my eyes, looked at me in guilt. It all made sense now, he had hidden this from me. That's what's keeping him so out of himself.

"I'll explain all of this, I promise. For now, let's settle down, it's been a rough few days."

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN