Chapter 31

(Colby)

Days have passed, but we weren't exactly ready. We needed backup, a crew. So when the four of us split up, I couldn't help but curse them for not thinking ahead sooner.

The street lights lit up the dark streets after night had taken over and the sun had settled. The cool breeze kissed my cheeks as I walked, pulling the coat around me further to provide some warmth. It was a long night, and I don't expect it to end anytime soon.

My feet began to ache after an hour of walking and searching pathetically for help. I wasn't as successful as I wished to be though. My ears perked at the sound of glass breaking in an alley way close ahead and a grin spread onto my face. Perfect.

After weeks and weeks of training and practicing, I knew how to handle a gun and a few blades. But I was no where near as built as the other three men I lived with. So I moved onto taking benefit of my small size and tiny silhouette.

I slowed down near the alley entrance and continued strolling by, when a firm hand shot out and snatched me into the darkness. My back pressed against the cold brick of the building next to me, a hand pushing against my collarbone to keep me planted.

My breathing intensified as I tried to make out the figure in front of me, towering over me with a expression I could not make out. Literally.

"What's your name, little boy?" A voice, male and firm, spoke, cloud appearing in front of us with every word or breath we released. "I don't think it's any of your concern." I replied quietly, finally meeting his eyes when the moonlight shown down on us, giving the alley a creepy yet soothing atmosphere.

"Hmm, I'm sure it isn't. But wouldn't I want to know the name of my next victim before I decide their fate?" He spoke again, breath surprisingly void of the smell of alcohol and cigarettes.

"Fair point," I nodded. "But what if I make compromise?" I added before he could actually get his way. The stranger perked in curiosity and loosened his grip a little.

I took the chance to escape and swiftly turned us around, switching positions but this time with a knife pressed to his throat. "I have a dangerous man after my brother and we need to take him down."

I pressed the knife further against his throat. "So you either help us out, with a praise instead of the barrel of a gun," I continued, stealthily slipping out my gun and gently pressing it against his abdomen. "Or you be a dear and help us out."

The stranger stared down into my eyes, his own clouded with amusement and intrigue. He grinned, "When do I start?"

☆☆

The walk home was awkward. I could feel Raven's gaze on me as I walked ahead of him though I didn't find it necessary to keep my guard up. Raven was a tall, bulky man with brown eyes as dark as chocolate and a hair-do that suit him well.

His jaw was sharp and firm, almost like someone had personally structured it, and the teeth hidden behind soft pink lips were straighter than my brother sexuality. I averted my eyes away from the stranger walking by my side and let out a cold sigh.

He didn't seem like a hobo or rapist, he seemed like a genuine person who has a life and knows what he's doing.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I murmured, sighing in defeat.

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN