Chapter 21

(Colby)

  The dark night was cold and fairly windy as I walked through the streets, teeth clattering in anxiety, fear, and worry. All I could think was 'what have you done now Jacob?'

Jacob has always gotten himself into trouble -non that I was involved with until now- which always left me a worrying mother though it's usually the opposite.

My eyes roamed the empty streets, nothing but street lights brighting my pathway, thinking through every scenario and possibility. I didn't have any cash worth a life. I didn't have anything valuable. All I had was a strong hope beating in my heart.

Hope that maybe we will be let out of this situation in one peace rather then many or not at all. But things couldn't be that easy. I knew what was to come, I just hope it wouldn't cost my life nor my brother's.

After all, he's all I have.

The rode ahead began to dim after an hour of strolling and my destination was apparent, printed onto a sign directing me in the direction. A large tree stood near an abandoned looking building and underneath parked a black car. The windows were tinted black as well, giving me no chance of seeing who was and wasn't inside, and the street lights were flickering, bound to cut out at any moment.

Slowing my pace, I furrowed my brows and carefully passed the car with trembling fingers and a pounding heart. Anything could happen in this moment, and surely I was right when I felt a harsh tug send me back towards the car.

My back hit the black-coated metal with a small thud before two large men towered over me, expressions intimidating but a smirk playing on their lips. "Well, well, look what the cat dragged in." The first man, in his early 20's at least, smiled which made him look even scarier than he tends to look.

"Surely boss would like a little change of sight. The other one's already boring enough." The second man, also in his early 20's, laughed, before a bag was thrown over my head and everything went black.

☆☆

The sounds of faint grunts and groans managed to wake me up, but only barley. My head was pounding in agony and my body felt limp and lazy. My vision though, was blocked out until the bag was removed and a bright light blinded me to no extent.

The area around looked deserted, only despite another black car parked far to the side behind one of the pillars holding this building up. A parking lot to be specific.

Men, dressed in black but not formal attire stood with guns, some others scouting around. But what scared me most was the person tied up to a chair in the middle of a circle formed around us. A bag was thrown over their head, just like I once, and the blood staining their clothes only brought me to conclude they were beaten bloodily.

"Your presence is appreciated, young one. What an honor meeting the youngest in the family." A man, as I could only assume was the leader, boomed, roaming around the captive before approaching me. He had long blond hair that reached his shoulders, and piercing green eyes that were filled with both amusement and evil intentions as he approached.

"Mm, quite the pretty one, aye?" He hummed, lifting my chin with his rough fingers, making a whimper escape my lips. The men surrounding us smirked, some sniggering as they eyed me up and down. It was disgusting to say the least.

The leader tapped my cheek with a humorless chuckle before returning to the captive sat in the middle, standing behind him. Placing his hands on the person's shoulders, the leader grinned before slowly removing the bag to reveal.. my brother.

Jacob's face was swollen and bruised, blood dripping down his chin from the hits he had taken. And I could tell by his groans and moans of pain it was not only his face that had taken the hits. "I'm not a man to stall, but this surely was a sight I couldn't help but.. take in." The man spoke, tangling his fingers in Jacob's hair before snapping his head back.

A little cry escaped my lips as I tried to go over, only to be held back by the arms holding me. Tears brimmed my eyes as I watched Jacob groan, barley meeting my eyes for a moment before closing them in pain. "L-Let him.. go, Archie. L-Leave him out of this-" Jacob tried. "Shut it!" The leader, Archie, hissed, kicking the chair harshly.

"W-Wait, please let h-him go." I plead, squirming in desperation.

"What have you brought me, youth?" Archie spoke, walking around and over, leaving Jacob's head to hang low in exhaustion. My eyes widened.

"N-Nothing but-" "Enough! I don't have time for games!" He yelled, whipping out his gun. It was obvious he had a bad temper. "You just failed your brother and now you will deal with the consequences. I am not a man you want to play with." He said, cocking his gun before pointing it at me.

My eyes widened in horror while Jacob thrashed, desperate to free himself for something we both know is too late to be stopped. Maybe my time has finally come..

BAM!

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN