Chapter 35

(Colby)

"You know, I've always looked up to you when I was younger." I looked down at Jacob. I took a seat next to him against the wall and faced the forest like he did. "Still do in fact."

"You were basically a second parent to me and with all that, you were still so cool." I continued. "I'd look at you whenever you chased away bullied and think, 'Wow that's my brother'."

"You were always there for me after mom and dad died. You were always there for me when I had another nightmare. You'd tell me I'm okay and everything'll be fine then encourage me to face my nightmares and not let fear overcome me."

"You helped me so much, I don't know how to repay you." I shook my head before looking at him. His eyes were closed, short lengthened hair falling a little over his eyes. He looked in peace, but I knew he was listening.

"But this could be how I repay you." I added, making his finally open and sparkle a little under the sunset.

"I want kill the bastard that's after you. But I won't be able to do it without you. Everyone in there," I pointed at the cabin "want to help us. We all have your back, Jay." I said before standing up and putting my hand out to him.

His expression was cold -like usual- but he had a glint in his eyes that showed he was thankful. And then, he took my hand.

I pulled him up straight before giving in to my urges and wrapping myself around him in a hug.

☆☆

When Jacob and I entered the cabin everyone's attention averted to us but thankfully the tension wasn't as bad. "Angie," Jacob began, looking straight at her. "You said you know who's after my head, can you locate them?"

Angie grinned mischievously and rolled her hair into a messy bun. "I'll need a laptop A.S.A.P." She said, cracking her knuckles and taking a seat at the small coffee table situated in front of the couch.

With that, she began typing. It took Angie an hour max to find their location and it was finally identified. "The man who put the hit on your brother is Jake's father like we said. But the man's home is surrounded with body guards. Hell its a mansion."

Angie said, looking up at me and then at the group behind us. Ryder dropped his arms from folding them against his chest and walked forward. "Zoom in." He ordered and Angie zoomed in on a the 3D map of the mansion and scrolled around.

"Guards'll be up front and some'll be patrolling around the yard." He said pointing at the screen. "Few others will be patrolling around the house itself and more will be up on the second floor and on the roof. Our best shot is through the back gate." He said, zooming in towards a smaller gate at the back of the mansion.

"There, will also be guarded. They expect us, so it's not a surprise that there are this many recruited."

"So what do we do?" Sam asked from beside his sister, standing with his arms crossed against his chest. Ryder straightened. "I'll take the front with
Jacob and some of the guys while Sam takes the back-" "Alone? No, I'll go with Sam and we'll split when we're in. We can't risk being-"

"That's the thing, Angie. Sam can handle himself,  and besides, we need you for something else. The rest of the guys will take on the guards on the roof and second floor and watch our back when they can. That will make a clear path for both you and Raven."

"You two, need to find Jake." He said, looking at Raven and then Angie for confirmation. "What about me?" I finally asked, walking forward and looking up at him.

"You stay behind." Jacob said but I surly wasn't going to have it so I showed that. "The hell I am!" I scowled before looking at Ryder with a warning glare. "Calm down you two." Angie sighed.

"Cameras will be put up everywhere. Only increasing the risk of getting caught once we are in side. They'll know where we're going and'll trap us like mice if we don't get rid of them." Ryder began.

"In a days time, Angie will make a meeting with the boss's closest recruits and have the meet us at the abandoned lot. They'll come in a black car, specifically the one that'll be returning back to the mansion. They'll need to drop the news off to their boss."

"While Angie has them distracted Colby I need you to slip into the back of the car and hide there. Don't raise your head until the coast's clear and you're positive you'll be able to sneak out." He said, now looking at me.

"The cars will park in the lot below the mansion. There's no cameras there so I need you to sneak inside and find the monitor room. It's up to you to disconnect those cameras, Colby."

"Or this plan will never work."

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN