Chapter 15

A/N:
Be ready for this chapter. It's not as pleasant..
*******

(Colby)

  The ding of the elevator sounded once it halted in place, finally reaching the bottom floor. The metal doors slid open and Sam and I stepped out, feeling fresh and surely starving from the long day.

"Come on, food's this way." Sam waves me over, taking a turn and into a dinning hall where a large buffet table was displayed with waiters serving from behind every meal or desert.

My stomach grumbled at the sight of food making Sam laugh when he heard it. "Someone's hungry?" He teased making me roll my eyes and hug myself with a faint blush. I seemed to do that a lot.

"Hey, look! Sam's got himself a puppy dog!" Someone pointed making everyone laugh. I looked away realizing it's Jake and continued on, suddenly losing my appetite. I would only get mocked at if I did eat anyways.

Sam's glare, though, was scary as hell as he dropped down his plate and took a few steps forward to Jake. "What the fuck did you just say?" Sam growled, not caring for his foul language as other elderly people stared with upset frowns.

"Just stating some facts here, pretty boy." Jake laughed, patting Sam's cheek and walking past. Yet before he could get any further away, Sam grabbed him by the shirt and snatched him forward.

"Apologize." He gritted, eyes filled with fury as his hold on Jake tightened. "In your dreams, sweetheart. I don't do the apologizing." Jake shook his head, releasing the grip but holding his ground.

Before anything could get out of hand, I turned around and walked off, ignoring the stares still trailed on me. I've had enough of this bullshit. This wasn't a trip I wished it would go as. All I wanted was to see the orphans and hopefully bring a smile to their faces as I did so.

I didn't want to deal with Sam. I didn't want to deal with Jake. And I certainly don't want to deal with bruises and insults I may receive after everything that has happened.

☆☆

I flipped through the pages of my book, my blue eyes scanning down the words as I pictured everything in mind. Reading was my escape route. From both reality and my expectations.

The faint click of the the hotel-room door sounded as I read, before the figure walked in. I was too immersed in my book, that I didn't bother to look up.

Yet said book was suddenly ripped out of my grasp and a hand grabbed me, flinging me up so I was forcefully standing.

"Hello, sugar." Jake grinned, tightening his hold on me. My eyes widened in horror and my cry for help was cut short when his fist met my jaw, managing to shut me up before I could call for Sam.

"Come on, let's leave little 'ol Sammy a present, aye?" He grinned, dragging me into the bathroom, not affected with my thrashing and retorts. "Stop!" I yelped, falling into the tub causing my head to bang against the titled wall.

Jake ignored me, flipping on the freezing water while he held me down harshly. "Jake-!" I cried, being cut off by water suddenly filling my mouth. I gasped, spitting them out only to have more run down my throat.

Jake laughed loudly, lifting my head up as I coughed roughy, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Stop crying, queer!" He screamed, landing the back of his hand against my cheek while I gasped for air. My head shot to the side, the sting lingering there for moments time before another was landed.

"Fucking disgrace!" He screamed again, now throwing a punch to my gut. The water was still streaming down on me as I thrashed, cried, and plead. "I see how you look at him. It disgusts me." He sneered, raising his fist for yet another blow.

My eyes automatically shut, tears escaping more and more as he abuses my body. My heart.

But just before the final blow, the hotel door clicked open..

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN