Chapter 17

(Colby)

.. just before the final blow, the hotel door clicked open..

Jake was quick to react, covering my mouth with his hands to muffle my cries and sobs. I almost wished he had killed me. I just want to end everything. I can't be loved, I can't be treated like a human being, I can't have a normal life, I can't be myself. What's there left for me?

My parents have left me, Jacob soon will too, Sam probably wants me gone just as much as I do, I'm done with pain. I'm done with the harm, the cruelty, the hatred, life.

Like my wishes have been granted, my teary eyes landed on a glass shard, just waiting to be used. I can grant that.

Swiftly, bashing my head against Jake's, I escaped his grasp and reached for the glass shard laying underneath the sink. Before Jake could grab me, I pressed the shard against my wrist, slitting it moments before the footsteps approached and Sam's worried tone called through the room.

I could hear Jake's panicked cursing as he shuffled around, eyes wide with horror as he tried to stop the bleeding. But it was too late for that. My vision was blurry, the sounds around me were nothing but vague, my head was pounding, but most of all I would soon be free.

Free of the abusive hands I was left with, free of the heart-crushing comments I was given, free of the pain that was put upon me, and free from the horrors of life itself.

☆☆

(Sam)

Leaving the hotel was a mistake. Leaving Colby was a mistake, especially in the hands of a maniac. But mostly, leaving Colby by himself was a mistake. I should've known he would do this, I've seen his scars and promised I would keep him safe. Yet I failed once more.

The faint sounds of sirens in the distance filled my ears as I be sat in the hospital, staring at the ground with mixed emotions. Sadness, regret, and fury. I wanted to bash Jake's face until he's left bleeding. I want to drive that exact shard through his arm. I want him to feel what Colby feels.

But I want nothing more than to see Colby up and alive. To see his smile and hear the laugh I had heard the day in the parking lot.

"Sir, you need to be checked on. You're bleeding badly." The nurse spoke for the third time this past hour. I let out a frustrated breath from my nose and shut my eyes to ease down a bit.

I opened my eyes again and looked up at her. "Please, leave." I spoke slowly, clearly strained as I clenched and unclenches my fists, trying to calm down. But I didn't want to. I wanted to punch something until my knuckles were broken and I was laying down next to Colby.

That boy had changed me more than I fathomed to admit. He was not like the rest. Hell, he was nothing like the rest. I wanted to keep him safe, I wanted to keep him close like I did the moment we arrived here.

I wanted him..

And I would do whatever it takes to have him as mine. But there's that itching thought in the back of my mind telling me this isn't right. I'm supposed to like girls, not boys. Hell, I don't think I even like boys but Colby makes me feel things no one has ever made me feel before.

It's like he had this special affect on me, and I was surely cast under it..

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN