Chapter 18

(Sam)

  A fair amount of hours had passed by until Colby's name was called, having everyone perk and stand up. Mr. Hevensbee walked forward instantly, concern and anger coating his expression as he did so. A few of the students, including Jake were determined to wait in here until Colby's condition was explained, while the rest were isolated in the busses outside the hospital building.

Though all I wanted was to beat Jake right here and right now, I had to stay composed if I wanted to see Colby. I don't know why Jake was here, for he had done the damage himself, but if I dare know he's hiding a sick plan behind his worry I will make sure he joins the hospital bed right next to his posse's who I crave to have beaten and bloodied jut as much.

But Jake was smart enough to know that and kept a far distance between us.

"Colby Brock." The nurse called again with her brows furrowed as she looks down at her clipboard through her thick glasses, confirming it. "T-That would be us ma'm." Angie was quick to reply before I could speak myself.

"What are you to Mr. Brock, young lady?" The nurse asked again while my foot tapped impatiently on the side, my words on the verge of exploding. And so they did.

"I'm his boyfriend, ma'm. And this is my sister, Angelica. How is he?" I spoke, making sure I kept a calm demeanor though it was the exact opposite. The nurse cocked a suspicious brow before looking down at her clipboard while Angie's eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

Thankfully everyone else was kept back in the waiting lounge except for Mr. Hevensbee.

"It doesn't mention-" "We got together recently, ma'm. Now you can either tell me what my boyfriend's condition is or I could happily file a report-" I began, teeth grit before she finally cut me off.

"Alright, there's no need for that. Mr. Brock was lucky enough to be attended to sooner or else he wouldn't have made it. He's now been moved to room 212 if you wish to see him." The nurse sighed, making relief fill me instantly. Angie nodded up at me and kissed my cheek, announcing she'll wait back with the rest of the students.

Mr. Hevensbee was also held up with the nurse as he explained the situation and Colby's parental situation, but when I turned back around, Jake was gone and only Angie could be seen assuring the rest.

☆☆

(Colby)

The corridors outside were oddly silent, and the tiles just as cold once my bare feet met the ground. My shaky fingers caught onto near by objects to keep me balanced as I shakily made my way to the door.

Bandages were wrapped securely around my wrist along with where the tubes were once put before I had moved them. My bladder would've exploded if I didn't though.

I let out a little whimper when I stepped on my bruised leg, and gasped when my head began pounding in agony. I stopped briefly, holding my head and closing my eyes as I tried to calm down. The world around me was spinning and the massive headache I have was not helping one bit.

Where was everyone?

The door suddenly clicked open before a figure slipped in, only to quickly catch me when I began to sway. "Hey, hey, what are you doing out of there?" The voice scolded in a whisper as the responsible held me up carefully.

My eyes opened weakly, only to widen when I realized it was the person who caused me all this pain; Jake Webber.

I swiftly kneed him in the crotch making him tumble over in pain, resulting in letting me go. "H-Help!" I tried calling before I was grabbed and moved away from the door, a hand clasping my mouth.

Tears trickled down my cheeks when Jake dragged me back, throwing me on the bed while I thrashed. "P-Please!" I called again, being muffled by his hand once more, while the other held me down against the bed.

"Calm down, calm down." Jake panted, glancing at the door before looking back at me. Instead, I thrashed more, every movement making my body ache fully.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Colby! I'm not going to hurt you." He panted, finally getting a firm yet careful grip on my arms. I looked up at him in tears making him sigh and slowly let me go. He lifted his arms in surrender and slowly got off the bed.

"I.. I just came to check up on you." He breathed out, hanging his head lightly. "Look Colby, I know you won't believe me after all my shit but, I'm sorry. T-Tell.. Tell everyone I'll be alright." He spoke one last time before hurrying out the hospital room and deep into the corridors.

My teary eyes slowly landed on a small paper laying on the ground where Jake had caught me. I sniffled and carefully got down, picking up the folded piece of paper with my shaky fingers.

I dropped down a little so I was on my knees and opened it up:

"Tell Jacob I'm sorry..
- Jake"

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN