Chapter 33

(Colby)

  Morning was soon to rise the next day and everyone was still sound asleep. Letting our situation sink down was harder than it sounded but we had Angie's support.

She had made that clear when she offered to help with the situation at hand; keeping my brother alive. The news was quick to spread, especially to Angie who's crew -and herself of course- were offered a high amount of money to have us on leashes.

This offer had been put on multiple gangs and individuals around town. But Angie would never have turned her back on Sam, and played undercover instead. Angie knew who we were up against, and all that was to be cleared out once everyone has arisen and gotten their night sleep.

I quietly made my way to the back of the house, slipping through the glass door and meeting the gentle morning light and it's comforting wind. My eyes landed on a silhouette up ahead, sitting on a log near the campfire with their backs faced towards me. But I could recognize those blond locks anywhere.

I made my way over silently and took a seat next to Sam. His elbows were propped onto his spread out knees and his gaze was transfixed on the forest up ahead.

I followed his gaze until I looked back at him. His expression screamed exhaustion and fatigue, possibly dread and confusion with it too. I hated seeing him like this, but he had every right to be this way.

Having thought he lost his sister just like his parents and then finding out she well alive is a shocking matter. I grabbed Sam's hands in mine, weaving my fingers with his.

He looked down at me with a softened gaze and sighed, clenching my hands lightly. "Come on," I smiled, standing up and pulling him up with me.

We needed to get away. Sam followed me with a confused look and stumbled behind me as I pulled him after me. "Where are we going?"

"Be patient, young Samuel." I joked making him roll his eyes but leak a smirk. I slithered ourselves through the tall forest trees, going deeper in and losing sight of the cabin.

When we were deep enough for no one to see, I faced Sam with a gentle smile and pulled him towards a nearby rock. I climbed on and motioned him to climb on as well. He did that in comply and stood next to me.

"Is this where you kill me?" Sam raised a brow and I sent a cheeky wink. He chuckled lightly and sat down next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me in.

I laid my head on his shoulder and peered up at him. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" I whispered sweetly, meeting his gaze. "I know, I just didn't want to put my problems on others. We have enough on our plate." He sighed, laying his forehead against mine. I pulled away.

"The death of your parents and your sister disappearing is not something you should keep to yourself, Sam." I frowned, looking away and down at the stream of water that flowed under us.

My chin was pulled up lightly so my eyes met Sam and my lips met his own. My eyes fluttered close out of instinct and my lips moved back almost instantly.

When the kiss was broken short Sam cupped my cheek and smiled. "You worried about me?" He smirked making me groan and hit his chest. "You just had to ruin the moment."

He chuckled lightly and pulled me into his chest, snuggling his head in the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Colby. It's just something I needed to forget. I couldn't let that break me."

"People target people who show emotions and from what I used to do before and all the people after me, it would be an advantage to them. They would use my mental problems against me, I couldn't let them know my parents death affected me as much as they expected it to." He spoke with glossed eyes and I couldn't help but tear up myself.

"You don't need to hide your feelings from me either, Sam. I want to help." I wiped the little tears that managed to escape, placing a small kiss on his lips and smiling in comfort.

"What would I do without you." He breathed out, pulling me into a hug and squeezing me lightly.

**decided to make something cute for ya'll. Hope you're enjoying!"

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN