Chapter 38

(Colby)

I ran out of the Camera Room after tying up the guards and disabling the cameras, notifying the rest of the team that the first step has been accomplished.

'Everybody move out, you know the plan. Colby, I need you to create some sort of distraction. Once the guards up front detect us they'll call up back up instantly.' Ryder spoke through the earpiece as we scattered around the house.

'Ryder. What are you doing?' Jacob hissed through the earpiece. 'This isn't part of the fucking plan!  I swear if-' I yanked out the earpiece with a huff, pushing through the door connecting the hall with the mansion.

I peered through the door silently, spotting a single guard in the main hall. I smirked slightly, reaching down for my knife and gripping it tightly.

Click Click

My body automatically froze in place as my eyes squeezed shut, a breathy curse slipping past my lips. "Turn around and drop the weapon. Now." The voice said, making me sigh and stand up unwillingly.

I dropped the knife on the ground next to my feet and kicked it away. "Shit, you got me." I rolled my eyes, watching as he pulled out zip ties.

He shoved me against the wall with an annoyed grunt, turning me around and grabbing my wrists.

☆☆

(Sam)

"If anything happens to my brother, I'll fucking murder you." Jacob whispered, glaring at me briefly before staring up at the car's ceiling. "Something will happen if you keep worrying and forget to actually do the job. And you'll be following suit if you don't shut up and fucking fight."

I whisper yelled from beside him, gripping the guns in my hands and letting out a breath. 'We're pulling up to the gate.'

I looked over at Jacob and nodded firmly, one he replied with as well. The car came to a slow stop and guards circled the car immediately, looking through the back windows for any other passengers.

A guard up front and the driver chattered for a few short moments but I could here the words ID and 'who are you here for'. The plan was going perfect up until till now. Let's hope it stays this way too.

"Pop up the trunk." One of the guard's suddenly demanded. "I assure you, you'll find nothing in there." The driver commented, getting out of the car and strolling to the back.

He sent us a warning glance through the window and began unlocking the door.

In the short amount of time I had, I grabbed Jacob by his shoulders, pulling him on top of me so he was hovering above me. The door swing open with a click, revealing both Jacob and I in an "intimate position".

I smirked smugly when Jacob glared down at me and wrapped my legs around his waist. I turned us over swiftly so he was on his back and arched my back forcefully, sending him flying at the two guards reaching for their guns.

Jacob shot the first guy in the thigh, knocking him out after, before punching the other guard in the face.

I got out of the trunk while clutching my stomach in pain, laughing loudly as Jacob glared at me from the ground. "I'd put a bullet in your head if it weren't for my love struck brother." He hissed, pushing the knocked out body off him and getting up.

He sent a deathly glare at one of our back up who raised his hands in surrender, a smile itching itself on his lips. 'Guys, get back to the mission.' Angie snapped through the earpiece.

'And Sam, fuck you for having me miss that.' She pouted making me chuckle and grab my gun from the ground. "Come on, we've got company." I sighed, cocking my guns and crouching down by the car as more guards swarmed the area.

"It's your time to shine, Colby." I spoke through the earpiece, cursing silently when he didn't answer. "Anytime now." I whispered to myself, moving from my spot and firing off.

My High School Story | @COLBAEFAN