☕️1☕️

"So..how are the eggs?" Rory asked our mother. "They're good," Mom smirked.

Mom looked up to find the two of us staring at her. "They're still good," she told us. "Well, we're still glad, aren't we Ror?" I spoke up. "Yep," Rory grumbled popping the p.

"We're not going to be late," Mom reassured us. "It's the first day back, we don't wanna be late," Rory protested. "Heather, back me up?"

"We want to get there early, Mom," I agreed with Rory. "Heather, Rory, we will be early, I promise," Mom sighed.

"Well, both of our classes are different, so we haven't found the quickest paths yet and they moved my locker," Rory ranted. "They didn't move mine," I told Rory.

"Lucky," Rory pouted. I smirked at my sister. "Looking for my locker could send the entire day into chaos," Rory panicked. "Oh, you guys haven't left yet," Lane breathed a sigh of relief as she ran into the diner with Tessa.

"Hey, Tess," I greeted her. "School..again," Tessa moaned. "Yeah, but think about it, two years from now, college," I tried to be optimistic.

"You don't have to worry, you're in Chilton," Tessa reminded me. "I mean you want to be making films out there in Hollywood."

"And you will be by my side," I laughed. "Gotta go, just thought I'd bug you before going into that cesspool," Tessa rolled her eyes. "Focus on the big game," I advised her. "Got it, thank you," Tessa beamed and dashed out.

"Heather, she's stalling!" Rory called over to me. "Mom!" I whined. "Donuts," Mom simply said.

I rejoined Rory. "How's Lane?"

"She's excited about this new record store in Hartford," Rory told me. "And Tessa?"

"Dreading school, like always," I told her. "I'm sorry we didn't get to see Dartmouth or Columbia," Rory sighed. "It's okay, there are open days coming up, Tess and I might take a look," I told her. "Just promise me a shoutout in the Oscars speech," Rory said to me. "I promise," I smirked.

"You can't order crispy fries without first ordering fries," Luke told a boy scout, one of Taylor's. "This should be fun," I whispered to Rory.

"Uh, why not?" the boy piped up. "You can't make something crispy that doesn't exist," Luke argued. "Why not?" the boy repeated.

"Get him away from me, Taylor," Luke grumbled.

Luke and Taylor bickering is something to live for in this town. It's just so funny. I turned back to Rory for a second. "You and Paris still on good terms?"

"I don't know," Rory muttered. "That stuff with Tristan last year.."

"The guy cannot take a hint, it's fact," I told her. Everyone started moaning as soon as the diner phone started to ring. "Oh, pipe down!" Luke scolded them.

"What about you and Andrea?" Rory asked me. "She's confident that she can beat me at cards," I explained. "Time to crush that."

"You horrible person," Rory laughed. "Well, what can I do?" I shrugged. "Let Andrea win?" Rory suggested. I acted as if Rory had just shot me.

"Hey, Mr Doose, she's not supposed to do that!" one of the boys piped up. I turned around to see Mom go behind the counter for donuts. "That's right," Taylor told him. "She's breaking the rules and rule breakers end up lonely with no friends because they are outcasts to society."

Luke angrily hung up the phone. "Do you have a sister?"

"I do!" Rory and I piped up in unison. "My sympathies," Luke sighed. Rory and I smirked at each other.