☕️94☕️

"I love this bathroom," Rory laughed. "Two sinks!"

Everything was perfect. Rory was able to go back to Yale and get a good job. Mom and Luke can finally set a date. I'm back with Jess and the Sundance Film Festival is in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I can't make it but Nina told me she would go on my behalf. So did Tessa and Kaia, her girlfriend.

I heard the Bop It going off and I shook my head. "Remember Dean and Luke with the Bop It?" Rory asked me. "How could I forget?" I giggled.

"I'm not getting the Bop It," Mom reassured us.

"Good!" we said in unison.

***

The three of us started making our way towards Luke's. "Ladies and gentlemen, the Gilmore twins!" Mom announced our presence and I did a bow.

"Well I saved you the best table," Luke told us as we sat down. "Thank you very much," Rory smiled.

"I'll get you guys..everything," Luke walked off and Lane came over to us. "The Gilmore trio, back together!"

Lane turned to me and Rory. "Do you guys have plans next Saturday?"

"Well Jess has work so I'm free," I told her. "Oh yeah, Hess finally reunited after two agonising years of waiting," Lane mumbled.

"Thanks," I laughed awkwardly. "So what's this thing next Saturday?"

"We have a showcase and we're playing for a label, me, Zack, Brian and Dave, it's really exciting!" she squealed.

"Heather, since you are the movie expert, can you film this for me?" Lane asked me. "No problemo," I told her.

"So you and Rory," Lane scribbled down. "I'll put down Jess and Logan."

"Not Logan, we're not talking," Rory told her. "What happened?" Mom asked her. "Big fight, in public," she said as the stacks of food were brought over.

***

Me and Rory crept in the back way of the Dragonfly and Mom held up a towel. "Presenting the Gilmore Twins!"

Sookie threw the bowl of cheese into the air and hugged Rory tightly.

"Now you can set a wedding date! Hyperventilating!"

Michel came in. "Rory! Heather!" he exclaimed. "Hey Michel," we greeted him. "I'm making kebabs for my favourite twins!"

We started eating this massive collection of food that Sookie cooked for us.

"Your dad called at the worst time in history," Mom told Rory, since I was already there to see it unfold.

"Of course," Rory rolled her eyes. "And he wants to see me," Mom added.

I nearly choked on my kebab once Mom said that. "Why?"

"I don't know, he just said he had something very important to discuss with me and it was positive for me, you and Rory," she told me.

"It's a slippery slope," Rory pointed out. "Well I don't think he could be in cahoots with my parents," Mom mumbled.

"Expect the unexpected," I muttered.

Me and Rory went to get ice cream and we were walking down the street together. "Heather Victoria Gilmore!" I heard Tessa yell.

"She's pissed off at me," I mumbled.

"How could you not tell me that you got back together with Jess?" she gasped. "Because you were in Rhode Island and I was waiting to tell you in person," I told her.

"Two long years," she sighed and walked away.

***

"So how was the rendezvous?" I asked Mom as she walked back into the house. "His grandfather died and left him a lot of money in his will," Mom explained.

"What did he offer?" Rory asked her. "Castles, cars, paying for Yale and Columbia all through until PhD level, cannons, limos," Mom went on.

I looked at Rory and we used our twin telepathy. "We would let him pay for Yale," I told Mom. "And Columbia," Rory added.

"Really?" Mom asked us. "We'd be officially not obligated to go to Friday Night Dinner," Rory pointed out. "Living there wasn't as peachy as it seems, I know we'd be cutting them off but think about what this would mean for Luke, for Jess, I mean they had a reverend there to talk me out of having sex."

"Ditto," I pointed at Rory. Mom kissed both of our heads and went off.

Rory went over to the fridge and grabbed two beers. "I didn't know you liked beer," I mumbled.

"This kind I like," Rory told me. "Cheers?"

"Cheers," and we tapped the necks of our bottle together. "Why do I suddenly feel like we're Drake and Josh?" I asked Rory and she burst out laughing.

The two of us were in the club for Lane's band and I was texting Jess.

See you tomorrow?

Definitely.

I put my phone away and me and Rory had lots of fries on the table and I turned my camera on but they were arguing and it suddenly turned physical.

"Oh my God!" I gasped. "Maybe turn it off," Rory suggested. "Good idea," I muttered and switched it off.

***

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Dad greeted us and he hugged us. "So I filled Rory and Heather in," Mom told him.

"The two of us thought about it," Rory told him. "We talked with Mom and we think it would be really great if you could pay for Yale and Columbia."

"Absolutely," Dad agreed. "I am there."

"Thank you," I gave him a small smile. "I can pay for Chilton too," Dad offered. "It's already covered," Mom reassured him.

"Thank you," Rory told him.

Now something occurred to me. All that money I got from the Huntzbergers...the script.

What the hell am I gonna do with it?

We were all having Thanksgiving dinner at the inn and Liz hugged me tightly. "I heard about you and Jess, oh I'm so happy for you."

I managed to drag Jess along and I told him the news. "So I don't have to worry about impressing your grandparents?"

"Don't take it personally, they hate everybody," I laughed.

He kissed my head and we all dined together for Thanksgiving.