☕️25☕️

A/N
Astrid Berges Frisbey as Heather Gilmore.

The twenty four hour dance contest. God!

Even though I don't dance and I do the music, I'm so tired by the end. Taylor forced me...against my will, to do the music for the contest, meaning after the first four hours, I'm pissed.

"I can't believe I have to do this," I sighed loudly. "Hey, me and Jess will be there by your side and if you want a nap, one of us will take over," Tessa offered.

"Thank you," I smiled. "You and Jess friendly again?"

"I apologised," she muttered. "And made several Walmart jokes."

"Of course," I rolled my eyes. "At least your pinkeye is gone," she laughed, stealing one of my bacon and cheese fries.

"Thank God," I sighed. "So MC Hezzy in the house," she teased me. "You could work in a night club."

"I could, I could," I nodded. "Could also kick you out."

"Evil," Tessa rolled her eyes.

***

"This chicken is amazing Mom," Mom told Grandma at Friday Night Dinner. "Really great."

"You're in a good mood Lorelai," Grandma pointed out. "I found a dance partner," Mom announced.

"You did?" me and Rory asked her in unison. "A good one, Mom smirked.

"Dance partner?" Grandma frowned. "Our town is having a twenty four hour dance marathon this weekend and the people left standing get a huge trophy," I explained.

"It is very big," Rory agreed with me. "I got Stanley Appleman, he's new," Mom told us.

Her phone began ringing and she left the room. "Lorelai! I told you not to have that thing on at the dinner table!" Grandma yelled after her.

Mom came back, in a pouty mood. "He bailed," she sighed.

"Aw I'm sorry," I mumbled. "There's always someone else," Rory pointed out. "Here, have some more chicken," Grandma gave Mom the plate.

***

"So I may gate crash your thing this weekend," Andrea told me. "Damn girl, you and Dave getting serious already?" I teased her.

"Well we've gone on a couple of dates, some in Stars Hollow, some in Hartford," she explained. "I'm working music at that event so you should ask Dave to be your dance partner."

"I might," she said in content. "You do know it's all day, twenty four hours dancing," I reminded her,

"Oh haha," Andrea rolled her eyes at me. "She's not joking," Rory said next to us.

"What?!" Andrea freaked out. "Drink up," I smirked.

"I hate you."

"No you don't."

"I won't be able to stay up for twenty four hours! How are you doing the music?!"

"It's called four hour intervals, I nap, Tessa takes over, then I take over, then Tessa naps," I told her.

"What about Jess?" Andrea wondered. "He's my pillow," I smirked.

"You dirty girl!" Andrea exclaimed hitting me on the arm.

The next morning, three shocking things happened. The first was Rory agreeing to be Mom's dance partner.

The second was Paris being late for school. And the third was Paris immediately agreeing to postpone a meeting of the Franklin. "Did I just hear that correctly?" I asked Madeline and Louise.