☕️88☕️

"Steven Spielberg is back!" Rosa laughed as I walked into the Rainbow Room for my shift.

"I have returned!" I smiled.

"How was Italy? And France?" she asked me. "Hot, can't wait for New York to freeze my ass off once again," I told her.

"Trust me, you'll wish you were back in the Mediterranean," Rosa laughed.

"Table twelve," she handed me a tray and I walked over to see Colin and Finn. "Heather!"

Finn came over to me and I hugged him. "That's the closest to second base you're getting," Colin teased him.

"Well boys, here are your drinks," I put the drinks on the table. "You don't want to join us?" Colin asked me.

I looked at Rosa and she gave me a thumbs up. "Fine," I gave in and sat with them.

***

"Baptism?" I asked Sookie over the phone. "Yes and as Martha's godmother, I need you there."

"I'm totally there," I reassured her. "Trust me, I hardly have any classes in film because of Sundance. I just have my history."

"Oh that's good...listen do you have Rory's new number?"

"Uh...yeah, you getting Rory there for Davey?"

"Yeah, can you forward me the number sweetie."

I read out the number for her. "Thanks hon."

"No problem Sookie," I said and I frowned. "Is this 'Operation: Get Mom and Rory Talking Again' by any chance?"

"Damn it, you can see right through me," Sookie mumbled. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked her.

"Well Lorelai and Luke won't set a date until they sort out the Rory problem, please Heather...I'm counting on you."

"Right, okay," I agreed.

***

I wore a light blue dress for the baptism and I drove back to Stars Hollow early in the morning.

I parked by Luke's and got out of the car. I spotted Rory across the street..just about.

She had bangs now and she looked totally different. She looked across and saw me. She walked across the road and we just stood three feet apart from each other.

"Hi," she mumbled.

"Hi," I said back.

"How are your classes?" she asked me.

"They're there," I told her. "Not really eventful."

"How are you?" she asked me. "I'm not bleeding or anything," I shrugged.

"Skipping the awkwardness...hug?"

"Hug," I agreed and we embraced one another. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I replied. We walked to the church together. "I know you're not totally on my side," Rory said. "I just want what's best for you," I told her. "I just don't want you regretting anything."

"I'm not..this is good, I'm good, everything's good," she told me. "Right," I mumbled.

We walked to the front. "Remember, we're doing this for Sookie, alright? Can we put the familial feud aside?"

"I'll try," she promised me.

We walked to the front of the church where it was beginning. "How's Logan and the boys?" I wondered.

"They're good," she told me. I held Martha in my arms while Rory held Davey.

"Today we offer three individuals," the reverend said. "As they dedicate themselves in the first sacrament of the faith and become members of the body of the Church and the Kingdom of God. Here to bear witness and offer spiritual support are Heather Gilmore, godparent to Martha, Rory Gilmore, godparent to Davey..and Jackson, who's your godparent?"

Me and Rory snorted silently. "My brother Beau," Jackson told him.

"The candidates for baptism will now be presented."

The reverend stood in front of us. "We are honoured with the privilege of being here today to witness and support in faith the baptism of David Edward Belleville, Martha Janice Lori Ethan Rupert Glenda Carson Daisy Danny Belleville..."

Why the bloody hell does Martha have so many middle names?! I have one! Victoria.

"And Jackson Matthew Belleville," he continued. "I hereby charge Heather Gilmore, Rory Gilmore and Beau Belleville with the responsibility of seeing to the spiritual welfare of these children and this believer. We will now begin a series of ceremonial questions."

He turned to me...why am I first?

"Heather Gilmore, do you renounce Satan and all the spiritual forces that rebel against God?"

I thought I was supposed to be the evil twin? Oh well, my evilness has been diminished.

"Yes, I do," I mumbled.

After the service...there was a fight because Mom didn't have Rory's number.

***

I thought Rory and Mom would get better but obviously I was just kidding myself.

I wish I could just knock some sense into them.

I sighed. "No..stay out of it, this is their beef..they have to sort it..stay out of it."

It killed me that I couldn't get them talking...or convince Rory to go back to school.

That's when something went off in my head.