☕️82☕️

Me and Andrea sat on the couch letting the new vacuum go around the living room, we just watched as it went round and round.

"I can't believe we're this bored," she grumbled.

"Summer can not come sooner," I groaned.

"Summer lovin, had me a blast, summer lovin, happened so fast," she sang.

"I met a girl crazy for me," I joined in.

"I met a boy cute as can be," she continued.

"Summer days drifting away to oh, oh the summer nights!"

"Okay that's it!" Andrea jumped up. "We can not be this bored, me and you are going out!"

"Where?"

"Grab your coat, we are being spontaneous, we are in New York for Christ sake! There has to be something we haven't done! Empire State Building?"

"That's where Jess and I had our first kiss," I told her. "What about we see a show on Broadway, I hear they're doing The Rocky Horror Picture Show," she suggested.

"Sounds good, let's go."

***

Cole and I haven't spoken since the fight. We were all at the lecture about the great directors of our time.

We were all sitting down and there was a small discussion about Sundance, no one knowing who out of Columbia would get that big opportunity..to make a cinematic impact on the entire world.

Sophia was more into the camera things.

It was Claire's last day before her graduation and Warner Bros wants her to work for them in California so the big farewell was coming.

"Now Sundance will be in, in the next few weeks they will pick one of you, after the scripts were sent, they're very impressed with everyone, unfortunately, we will be saying goodbye to five of you, enjoy your day," Duff-man dismissed us all.

I grabbed my bag and I walked out the door. "So Cole is pissed at you," Sophia pointed out. "Well he was right," I muttered.

"He still had no right to yell at you, so you weren't truly interested in dating him, he has to roll over and accept his fate."

Friday night rolled around again and me and Rory just sat around the table.

"So Rory, tell us more about this internship, it's very exciting," Grandma smiled.

"Well all I know is that I'm working for Mitchum Huntzberger and to learn everything about the world of journalism, he offered it to me himself, especially after that disastrous dinner.." she rambled.

I made a dying giraffe noise, telling her that she said too much. "What dinner?" Grandma asked her. "A week ago, I had dinner with the Huntzbergers," she told her.

"Oh God," Grandpa widened his eyes. "It's been a week!"

"We need to invite him right away!"

They rushed off to get their books while they made Rory call Logan.

"They're acting like they're freaking engaged or something," I said to myself.

***

"So we're watching the band play?" I asked her. "Pie first," Rory corrected me. "I'm going to have to come to this dinner..right?" I wondered.

"Yeah, they're acting like we're getting married or something!" she exclaimed.

We walked into Luke's with lemon meringue pie on the table. "How was Adolf and Eva?" Mom asked us.

"Logan got invited to dinner," Rory told her. "More like Grandma and Grandpa went absolutely insane," I laughed.

"Don't be mean," Rory mumbled. "Sorry," I mumbled.

Late at night, Rory crawled into my bed. "What's wrong?" I asked her groggily.

"Mom wants to come to the dinner," she told me. "Pinch me I must be dreaming....OW!"

"You said pinch me!"

"Figuratively not literally!"

"Sorry."

I sighed and looked at Rory. "If you run out of topics, just ask me about school or Sundance."

"Okay."

***

The big night. I was already planning the wedding for Rory and Logan.

"Oh God," I muttered. "Prepare for disaster."

Grandpa handed me a coke while we waited for the guests of honour.

Me and Mom sat on the couch. "Your grandparents are going to fawn over your new brother in law," Mom laughed.

I chuckled. "True."

"Do you like him?" Mom asked me. "He's decent, yeah," I told her. "He's not a jerk, he's nice to me too so I'm okay with him."

And Mom was right, the two of us were basically being blanked.

Grandma forgot Mom's drink order, which was beyond awkward. "So do you and Rory live in the same building?" Mom asked Logan.

"No, I live in Berkeley," Logan told her.

"How about we talk about something other than Yale," Rory suggested, twenty minutes later.

"Nonsense!" Grandma exclaimed. "There's nothing better to talk about than Yale."

"I'm sitting right here!" I mumbled, shaking my head in disbelief. "You're forgetting Mom, you have a granddaughter that attends Columbia," Mom told her, pointing at me.

"Oh Heather, I forgot, how is school?" Grandma asked me. "It's good, I'm waiting to hear back from Sundance," I told her.

"Heather wants to be a screenwriter or a director," Grandpa told Logan.

While we were moving to dinner, Logan nicked something off the table and replaced it with something else.

"Are you insane?" I asked him in a hushed tone. "Life and Death stuff," he told me. "You'll certainly be one of those if my grandmother finds out," I mumbled.

Unfortunately they did notice. As did Mom.

Mom and I just sort of shut out the wedding talk and baby talk. "Change the subject..please," I whispered to Mom.

"You wanna get out?" Mom asked me. "I'll actually pay you," I mumbled.

"Sweetie, don't you have that paper to write?" Mom asked me. "And it's a big one, about Scorsese?"

"Yeah, I do," I said. "May I be excused? I'm sorry it's just it's more work than I thought it would be."

"Oh Heather, we're so sorry," Grandpa stood up and he and Grandma came over. "We've been neglecting you all night, what's the paper about?"

"Scorsese," I said.

"He's your favourite," Logan pointed out. "You remembered?" I was a little touched by that. "You should see her paper on James Dean," Rory laughed. "Duff-man was in love with the Paper of Eden."

"Funny," I mumbled. "I'm gonna go."

"Sorry Thea," Logan mumbled. "It's okay," I said. "Thea?" Grandma questioned. "Why are you calling her Thea?"

"It's a nickname," Logan told her. "Because she also does Greek and Roman mythology on the side of her film major and she's wise, like Athena, goddess of wisdom."

"You know Heather very well," Grandma pointed out. "Well we're friends," Logan said. "Well that's good news," Grandpa stated. "Oh Heather, we're keeping you, we'll see you next Friday."

"Bye," I gave a small smile before dashing out the door.

"Kill me," I grumbled once I got into my car and drove as fast as I could out of there.