☕️33☕️

"Are you going to the game tomorrow?" Tessa asked me. "Well you're forcing me to," I laughed.

"I mean when have the boys at Stars Hollow High ever been in a serious game? Like this is the regional semi finals!" Tessa exclaimed.

"You're going to that thing?" Jess came over to our table. "We're going," Tessa put emphasis on we.

Jess frowned at me. "I didn't think sports was your thing."

"It isn't but I promised this one I'd come," I told him, pointing at Tessa.

"Aw, Jessica is sad," Tessa teased him. "I'm not, when does the game end?" Jess asked us. "About eight, why?" I wondered.

He had a little devious smirk on his face. "What? What are you up to?"

"Oh nothing," Jess smiled as he walked away. "I'll find out sooner or later," I called after him.

***

"Rory, Heather, how's Chilton going?" Grandpa asked us. "Good, we said in unison while eating. "How's the inn Lorelai?"

"It's good," she told him.

"Does Gran miss London?" Rory asked Grandpa. "Well I certainly do," Grandma grumbled. "Emily!"

They both left the room once the phone and doorbell and we sped up eating.

"There are strange men hauling a mattress up!" Grandma ranted. "Well, we'll get out of your hair," Mom offered but Grandma had that sixth sense.

"What's going on?" she asked Mom. "I mean you're eating your food quickly, Rory and Heather keep checking their pagers, you three have something planned."

"Heather has a date!" Rory piped up. I kicked her under the table. "Hey!"

"So does Mom," I threw her under the bus. "You three aren't leaving this table until you have your dessert," Grandma insisted.

Once we got home, I checked my voicemail but there was no messages.

"That's odd," I mumbled. "What?" Rory asked me. "No message," I sighed.

"Want me to kill him?"

"It's fine, he's probably working late," I muttered.

Me and Rory were getting breakfast at Luke's the next morning but Jess was working the shift. "Not even an apology or lame excuse!" Rory exclaimed.

"What do you guys need?" Luke asked us. "Five blueberry muffins, one chocolate chip and six donuts to go," I ordered. "I'm bringing the band some breakfast."

"Jess!"

"On it!"

Jess handed me the bag and Rory was giving him a weird stare. "I'll see you later," I said, putting emphasis on later.

He looked confused as we left. I walked into the garage where Andrea sat with the band. "I bring food!" I announced. "Angel thy name is Heather!" Zack cheered.

"Dig in boys and girls," I said. "Oh donuts," Andrea smirked.

"Off!" I smacked her hand away. "You're not gonna eat six donuts!" Andrea protested.

"No, I'm going to eat three and Rory is going to eat three, I got the chocolate chip for you," I told her.

***

I stood up while the national anthem was playing. I saw Lane and another Korean boy walking along the bleachers. "Lane!" I yelled.

"Heather!" Lane ran up the bleachers and joined me and Tessa. "This is Young Chui, my fake boyfriend."

I gave him a friendly nod as he was on the phone. "It's freezing in here," I pointed out.

"It's not lava hockey," Tessa laughed. "Oi, don't be such a jerk," I elbowed her. "GO ON DEAN!" Tessa shouted from the bleachers.

Me and Lane started cheering loudly. "You know Dean has a girlfriend now," Lane told us.

"I'm still processing it," Tessa giggled.

"Who is she?" I asked them. "Lindsay," Lane told me. "I didn't think he'd ever get over Rory."

"Neither did I," I admitted. "But he's moving on, that's good."

The first half finally came and Lane and I went to get some food. "So even Young Chui has a girlfriend?" I asked her. "Yep, he's got Karen, I've got Zack," she said. "I'm just listing off current couples, Dave has Andrea, you have Jess, is Tessa dating anyone?"

"I think she'd rather stick a pencil in her brain," I laughed.

"Oh hey Lane," Lindsay came up to us. "And Heather Gilmore?"

"Hey," I greeted her. "It's been so long!" she gave me a hug which surprised me a little. "How are you?"

"I'm good how are you?"

"I'm good, nothing really new in life, I should get back, I'll see you guys later, tell Rory I said hi," Lindsay smiled at me before walking off. "Will do," I nodded.

"Okay so Tessa is coming up with insults for the other team, we need to fuel her up, so hot dogs?" Lane suggested.

"Or anything deep fried and everything we can afford," I smirked.

We ended up with huge boxes of food. "I should've done this years ago," I laughed.

"I'll ask them to cater this for yours and Rory's next birthday," Lane laughed.

We helped ourselves to the masses of food and I was actually having a good time, joking around with Lane and Tessa.

I actually forgot about him for a bit.

"These churros are really good, you should invite me to these things more often," I said to Lane and Tessa.

"Did she have her brain reprogrammed?" Tessa asked Lane. "Heather Gilmore has no interests in sports!"

"I'm only coming for the food, Lane if there is another game, grab a box and ship it to New York," I laughed.

***

"Oh well, we lost," Tessa shrugged. "It doesn't surprise me! Us losing a sports event."

"Am I seeing this correctly?" Dean asked Tessa. "Heather at a sports game?"

"I came for the food," I told him. "Those churros are really good."'

"God, now you're never gonna stop coming to these things," he joked.

"Oh I'd come back from Columbia for the food Forester, you have no idea how desperate I'd get when I get hungry," I laughed.

He went off with Lindsay and Tessa opened the door to the school. "Boyfriend alert!" she piped up.

I found Jess waiting outside with his car. "See ya," Tessa nudged me before going off with Lane.

"I'm sorry," Jess muttered. "For not calling you when I said I would."

"Rory kind of gave you the message, didn't she?" I wondered. "Yeah she did," Jess mumbled.

"It's just, I plan everything, I have so much to do," I told him. "And when people say they're gonna call later, I don't know how long I have to wait."

He nodded and pulled me close to him, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry, I'll work on this, because I know when you're going to New York, you'll hardly have any free time," he mumbled. "If," I reminded him.

"No when," he corrected me. "We're gonna be the king and queen of long distance."

"You really think that?" I asked him. "I think we can make it happen," he said. "But I got something," he pulled out an envelope and I opened it.

"The Distillers?!" I gasped. "Yeah, Rory told me about your secret love for them," he laughed. "Ready?"

"Yep," I smiled.

I got into his car and he started it and drove away from the school.

I'd only be coming back to Stars Hollow a few days a month if I go to Columbia, I'd hardly see him.

Could we really make it work?