☕️50☕️

We walked into Luke's to see Lane working there now. "Now we have a spy," Mom smirked.

Luke came over to us. "This isn't working out," he said to us in a hushed voice. "You're being weird," Mom told him.

"She's too good," Luke tried to make a somewhat valid point in his opinion that unfortunately didn't register with us.

Rory was creeped out by Paris' new beau. "You're going back to New York?" Mom pouted. "Claire is treating me and Sophia, we're going out for dinner in the Rainbow Room," I said. "Ooh, my baby's getting spoiled," Mom laughed.

"It should be good," I smiled, sipping my coffee.

***

And my God. It was like heaven. I'd definitely go there for a date. Maybe I should recommend it to Jason.

So he can bring Mom there.

"How does everyone know?!" Mom exclaimed. "Are we still on the cul-de-sac thing?" I asked Grandma. "Unfortunately," she sighed.

"It should be cul-de-sacs!" Mom exclaimed. "In Europe it is," Rory told her. "Can we let this go?"

"Ooh, we have a dessert from Switzerland," Grandma smiled. "To the living room."

We sat down and marzipan was brought out. We tried it and admittedly..it tasted funny.

The doorbell rang and the maid let Jason in, who had just come back from Australia. "Ah, Jason, welcome back," Grandpa greeted him. "You look fit."

"Oh..uh..thank you," he mumbled, handing Grandpa a brown envelope. "These are the papers, they don't need to be notarised."

"Would you like some marzipan?" Grandma asked him. "Oh, no thank you Emily, I'd best be off," he declined the offer.

"I'm just going to the bathroom," I excused myself and ambushed him in the hall.

"Heather isn't it?" he wondered. "Yes," I nodded with a gleeful smile on my face.

Gleeful aka evil.

"I have a recommendation for a restaurant if you want," I offered. "To take my mom to."

"Thank God," he sighed with relief. "The Rainbow Room, Manhattan, my friend Claire works there part time so she'd be able to sort you guys out."

"You think your mom would like that?" Jason wondered. "If I do, so will she," I pointed out.

***

"The snow is a lot heavier than I thought," I muttered. "Good think we stocked up," Andrea said. "Want some cocoa?"

"Yeah, with marshmallows," I called back. "Should we have them on the balcony?"

"Go on," Andrea smiled as I put on my jacket and climbed out the window.

We sat outside with the snow falling. "So, only one call today," Andrea told me. "And a message, threatening to show up here in person."

I let out a small scoff. "Yeah right."

My phone started ringing an Andrea rolled her eyes. "Correction, two calls."

"It's my mother," I told her. I answered the phone and held it to my ear. "Hey Mom."

"You told Jason to bring me to the Rainbow Room?"

I looked at Andrea to help me. "Heather put your pants back on!"

"DUDE!"

"Heather Victoria Gilmore, confess!"

"Fine," I sighed. "It was me, I'm trying to help Mom."